3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    #2 back with a small addition

another £21.57 today so a new total of £6518.60 aka 74.93%.

Finger's crossed I'll be able to get over the three-quarters mark in a few days when my monthly interest is paid.

Everyone is doing so well, keep on keeping on, we'll all get to our little goals in time.

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Morning Everyone..... :)

I'm doing okay...Much much better than I was.....So I'm hoping it will be a good rest of the Week.... :D

stoplurking - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! I have every faith in you that you will get to 1/3 by the end of the Year...Go for it!! xXx :)

Keeping Motivated - I've Updated the First Page...Can I just check that puts you at £5226? You're doing AWESOME!! xXx :)

milasavesmoney - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AWESOME!! I'm glad this Thread is motivating you.....Keep going xXx :)

Hi Helen yes im at £5226. Thanks for keep updating for all of us :T
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning Everyone.... :)

Things a bit all over the Place at the moment.....but I'm getting there slowly :)

Dobbibill - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing absolutely BRILLIANTLY!! I know you'll get over the three quarters mark soon hun xXx :)

Keeping Motivated - Thanks for confirming your amount....I appreciate that...Keep going xXx :)
  • sophieo16
    sophieo16 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hello All,

What a month I've had!

Not as much to add to the 3-6 fund as normal this month as i had to dip into my normal EF and top that back up unfortunately. I have a new flatmate living with me and she missed her first bills payments so i had to dip into my fund to cover this, I've now put a buffer in my bills account incase this happens again and then topped my EF back up to the £1000 total.

Before all of this happened i booked a holiday to barcelona with the holiday money i had been setting aside, so if i hadn't done that i wouldn't have had to dip into my EF. However, at the moment I'm in dire need of a break so I'm not regretting it as much now everything is sorted. I fly in the middle of May for a week, so me and my friend are on countdown.

#5 £1472.95/£3000 (49.09%)

Im so close to the 50% mark! although i do have items on eBay and some survey money due my way so ill hopefully have some more to add throughout the month :)

I haven't been posting but keeping a close eye on the forum and everyone is piling there money up! a massive well done guys.

Im off of work today so I'm on my way back home to meet my cousin and her little boy how she has adopted for the first time. I'm really excited about that. i hope everyone has a lovely bank holiday.

Soph
    Mortgage Feb 2023- £249,210 MFW 2023 #20: £524.05/£500 (104.81%)
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning all

I've set up a direct debit so that £150 will regularly go into my emergency savings pot. I'm biting of smaller chunks so only 2 more payments to go + £3 and I will have my first goal of £1000.

#13 £682/£6000 (11%)
  • Hello, just added £17.95 to my fund to round it up to £200

Hope everyone's ok xx

LMD xx
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2363.03 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £900/£3000 | Holiday spends £430 | General Saver £2562.77
  • Keeping_Motivated
    Keeping_Motivated Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Morning Helen I have just added £74 to my ISA to round my total up to £5300.

Hope everyone is well x
  • DuranGirl
    DuranGirl Posts: 287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone! Well, where did April go? It's been crazy at DuranTowers, I've had a birthday :eek:, my DD visited for the weekend, as did m'chap, and we had a weekend at a cheese festival too. I've just spent an hour transferring everything from my spending diary to my budget spreadsheet. :eek::eek::eek: So close to the wire this month, it was ridiculous! Fortunately I don't have any more loan payments to mum and dad this month, but I am helping DD to eke out her student loan by topping up a bit on her rent payments for the next four months, and sent her back with some cash (because I just do, and she absolutely refuses to ask her father for anything - although he'd only refuse anyway). I'm on a 'not buying clothes' challenge for 12 months (7 months down :)), but that does exclude undies, so I treated myself for my birthday. Should have waited until 1 May, because it makes April look a bit rough financially, but there we go. Note to self - next year I shall cook a family dinner for my birthday, as clearly my sis and BIL are always going to order the most expensive steaks! Although, lesson learnt, don't treat people if you know that it's going to be tight if/when someone does that:rotfl:. Still, managed to walk away with two "free" bottles of wine on a dinner deal, so they've gone into the cupboard for another time. My "meals out/takeaways" budget line looks hideous, because I also treated the kids to a 'reunion pizza night' at home. With DD in London, it's nice to mark the occasions when she comes back. I just need to learn that I can't do it all - but the next few months should be a bit quieter on that front.

Ramble ramble, grumble grumble, because of the bank holiday, my EF SO hasn't been transferred yet, but am hopeful that tomorrow my total will stand at £4,500. Will confirm when I know for certain. Everyone is still doing so well! I need to get back on the boards to keep me on track. And May will have to be super frugal!
    3-6 month EF Challenge Member #19: £3590/£6000.[/B] Craft destash from 22.5.22: 46/200. Declutter from 22.5.22: 105/250 Car finance PAID OFF £7,848.88 IN 2019 (0% LOB)
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning Everyone :)

Gosh, where did that Bank Holiday Weekend go?? I was Working for the majority of it so when I got up at 3.30am this morning I just couldn't Work as I was too tired, went back to bed and am foregoing the Gym today so I can Work this morning....Am determined to stick at earning the most I can so I can Save and also so that I can continue to pay everything that needs paying on a Weekly basis....I'm pretty happy with my finances at the moment although did have to take some out of my Savings last Month....but not my Emergency Fund as that is safely in a Terramundi that I am NOT NOT NOT going to smash!! :D

sophieo16 - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing brilliantly...keep going hun. I'm sorry that your Flatmate didn't pay their share...hopefully that won't happen again!! xXx :)

Munchin - I've Updated the First Page...you're doing awesome hun.....And yep, you'll be at your first Target in no time at all!! xXx :)

LittleMissDetermined - I've Updated the First Page...Keep it going...you're doing really great xXx :)

Keeping Motivated - I've Updated the First Page...WOW, look at how great you're doing...Keep going!! xXx :)

DuranGirl - Wow, you have been busy busy busy!! Sounds like some fun stuff in there too, and well done for keeping to your Budget, even if it was only just, it still WAS within budget, and that's great!! I'll looking forward to you confirming the new Amount tomorrow xXx :)

Well it's back to the grindstone for most people today...I hope you ALL have a really magical Week and I'll speak to you all during the Week xXx :)
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    #2 checking in with another update.

an extra £32.90 into the fund taking my total up to £6551.50 aka 75.3%.

I've done it, I've reached the three-quarters mark. :j Wow, I never thought when I joined, I would ever be able to say this. I am so happy but there's no stopping yet. Onwards and upwards, 80% next. :T
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family