TSB Classic Plus account

Options
Hi there,
Having read the T&C, it mentions nothing about putting in the required £500 a month and then withdrawing it nor transfers between other TSB accounts​.

I would just like to know if anyone has any problems running the account this way?
Thanks

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Alex32 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Having read the T&C, it mentions nothing about putting in the required £500 a month and then withdrawing it nor transfers between other TSB accounts​.

I would just like to know if anyone has any problems running the account this way?
    Thanks

The T&C definitely does 'mention putting in the £500 a month':cool: but as this is a current account, you are able to withdraw as and when you wish.

T&C don't explicity prohibit transfers between TSB accounts from meeting the monthly funding requirement. What isn't specified in T&C is as important as what is;)
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have 2 Classic Plus accounts - put £500 a month into the first one from an external account, then move that to the second accound, then most of it out. Have been credited same interest on both since opening, probably couple of years ago.
  • Alex32
    Alex32 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    The T&C definitely does 'mention putting in the £500 a month':cool: but as this is a current account, you are able to withdraw as and when you wish.

T&C don't explicity prohibit transfers between TSB accounts from meeting the monthly funding requirement. What isn't specified in T&C is as important as what is;)
    Just want to state I know the £500 a month is definitely required. I was asking about the depositing & withdrawing in which you did answer, thanks for that.
  • dggar
    dggar Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ManAtHome wrote: »
    I have 2 Classic Plus accounts - put £500 a month into the first one from an external account, then move that to the second accound, then most of it out. Have been credited same interest on both since opening, probably couple of years ago.

I too have 2 accounts and move £500 between them via SO on the same day of the month. Been doing this since the accounts first became available.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I originally did transfers between accounts with them, but on opening Nationwide ones which don't count internal transfers,now use the accounts to to-and-fro with Nationwide.
  • Sponge_Cake
    Sponge_Cake Posts: 119 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    How about if you open the account with £500 or more? Does this automatically qualify you for the incentive or does it need to be transferred from another source?
  • badger09
    Options
    How about if you open the account with £500 or more? Does this automatically qualify you for the incentive or does it need to be transferred from another source?

Which 'incentive' are you asking about?
  • Sponge_Cake
    Options
    I was meaning the £130 for opening account and meeting T&Cs.
  • Sponge_Cake
    Options

• badger09
    Options

In case you haven't kept a copy:cool:, here are the T&C

http://www.tsb.co.uk/cashback-money-supermarket-termsandconditions.pdf

They state you must pay in at least £500 within 28 days of the switch completing. You could argue that some of those 28 days were before the switch completed:cool:, but I wouldn't risk it.

Just pay in at least £500 as soon as the switch is completed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure