Job Seekers Allowance 13 Week Interview

I have a meeting tomorrow at the Job Centre. Can someone tell me what to expect please? Do I have anything to worry about?

Thank you.

For God knew in His great wisdom

That he couldn't be everywhere,
So he put His little Children
In a loving mother's care.

Comments

• catmiaow
    catmiaow Posts: 5,954
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Only worry if you have not applied for any jobs. They want to see proof that you are applying for jobs such as rejection letters, emails or anything else you have to prove you have applied for jobs. If you have made the effort you have nothing to worry about.

They will go through this with you as well as anything else you can do to improve your chances of finding work. They will make up a new job seekers agreement as well.
    No you're not a vegetarian if you eat any animal or fish, so do not insult genuine veggies by calling yourself one! :mad:

Thanks to everyone who posts competitions. You are the stars of the board :T:j:T
  • livelyred
    livelyred Posts: 2,367 Forumite
    Bettyboop wrote: »
    I have a meeting tomorrow at the Job Centre. Can someone tell me what to expect please? Do I have anything to worry about?

Thank you?
    I have been going to the job centre for parents interviews for about 2 years now,they just want to ask what you are doing at the moment work if any,are you looking for work,etc i had to find employment by the time my daughter is 12 which is in april i have just found a great job in the NHS for 20 hrs well they now leave me alone now.
    Won 2010: Butlins 5 day Break and £250, 1 yr Virgin Active membership, Meal for 10 at Best Parties Ever, skyline 2011 dvd.

Surveys Tescos Home Panel,Boots,cint sample,Unex Royal Mail,Crowdolody,Valued opinions,Ayton,Buzz,Ayton,Consumer Pulse,Royal Mail Posting, pigsback.
  • Bettyboop wrote: »

Thank you.

You should expect to widen your job search to at least three jobs and have a new Jobseeker's Agreement drawn up.
    Fokking Fokk!
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,526
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    They might also want to see you on a weekly basis for a 6 weeks just to keep an extra eye on you. Just take everything you can with you to prove you've been looking for work. Lets hope your interview turns out better than mine did: ended up leaving in tears because was told that I was applying for jobs I felt I was qualified for (when I shouldn't...makes no sense) and I should take my degree off my CV (I didnt go to uni for 3 years for nothing!)
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • As someone else said - nothing to worry about so long as you have proof that you've been 'actively seeking work'.
    They'll just re new your job declarations and terms and condition etc and do a job search for you.
    Should take about 30 mins max.
  • They will make you go every week for 6 weeks, this is apparently to help you find a job? Then you go back to fortnightly.
  • red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    its crap all these interviews you go round and round in circles in some cases there is virtually no chance of you finding work but they keep on and on.

as long as someone else said you are looking though they cant do anything and keep on paying you.

If you arent signing on but are looking for a job there is no help they dont want to know!
    :footie:
  • Bettyboop
    Bettyboop Posts: 1,343 Forumite
    Thanks everyone. The lady at the Job Cente was really nice. She basically wanted to know what I was doing to find work but she also admitted that the recession is effecting a lot of people and that it's much worse than what has been reported. Basically I think she was trying to say that given the economic situation they know finding work is becoming increasingly more difficult.

Thanks for the input anyway.

• Phatmouse
    Phatmouse Posts: 449 Forumite
    Do you have to go every week for six weeks or did they just not like the look of me :p
  • Bettyboop
    Bettyboop Posts: 1,343 Forumite
    Hi,

The lady didn't say anything about going every week but I will probably be told next week when I have to go again.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business