Sky Loophole!! TV, broadband and phone for £6/mth

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Quidco are offering £150 cashback for a new Sky TV subscription on its own.

http://www.quidco.com/sky-digital/

And they've some (much smaller) cashbacks for existing subscribers too:

£5 for existing user upgrade to BB base, BB connect, Talk freetime or Talk unlimited
    £10 for existing user upgrade to BB mid
    £15 for existing user upgrade to BB max or Sky HD
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,617
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    molan wrote: »
    I can't see how anyone can possibly think Sky is expensive given both the quantity and quality of their content!

IOh well, I guess you can't please all the people all of the time but I'm definitely one happy customer!

I should think your THE happy customer!
  • KILL_BILL
    KILL_BILL Posts: 2,183 Forumite
    like has been said there is NO guarantee that the cashback will be forthcoming or as to when it will be paid

if you have a look at the quidco site people have been waiting over a year foir them to get paid out for various things- insurance, phones etc
  • Wolf
    Wolf Posts: 4 Newbie
    Got to say Sky have always been excellent on customer service and offers.
    Always had a Scottish customer service rep, didn't realise they had moved any call takers out abroad, but other services that do I have always found the staff to be courteous, helpful and easily understood.
    Negotiated a less than half price Sky+ box with free installation and free relocation of standard box. The dish was upgraded and received a reduction in the monthly bill as long as i didn't reduce the package.
    The hardware has always been excellent, Sky+ is a great bit of kit, and can only say to previous comments, if you watch the same channels you will get repeats, but with so many channels you have so much choice and have no need to watch a single repeat.
    I have heard the same problems regarding Virgin too, a friend was being charged constantly for films they had never ordered.
  • Cooper11
    Cooper11 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Just Signed up to both Top CashBack and the Sky deal, all was really easy and straight forward, hopefully the installation will be too. The cash is already showing in my account, but looks like I've got to wait for it to become confirmed. My friend has Sky and loves it, so he also recommended it....but eitherway, at £6 per month I don't think I'll have too much to complain about. . . Well chuffed !
  • Lea37
    Lea37 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Sorry if i'm being thick here but couldn't us existing customers cancel and then take up the offer as new customers?
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Lea37 wrote: »
    Sorry if i'm being thick here but couldn't us existing customers cancel and then take up the offer as new customers?

Nope, Sky have that covered as well.

Sky treat their existing customers like vegetable matter, once they have them stitched up to their system.:rolleyes:
  • jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    However its worse remembering that all Sky customers using its phone service will need to pay BT's £10.50 (ish) monthly line rental too.

You can now switch your line rental to SKY its £10 a month 50p cheaper then BT,S lowest price. They also offer Free Caller Display.However if you still want to use the likes of 1899/18185 etc , or want to use BT to place some of your calls dont switch.;)

http://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/skyproducts/skytalk/linerental
  • molan
    molan Posts: 23
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    harz99 wrote: »
    I should think your THE happy customer!

Don't Sky have something like 8 million or more subscribers now?

With an average of more than 2 people per household I'd guess that that out of the 16 million + customers they have there must be a fair few MILLION that also happen to think they provide good service?
  • ultrak3wl
    ultrak3wl Posts: 471 Forumite
    Tickles me to read this thread... longstanding people with history of hundreds or thousands of posts think Sky are rubbish but there are several contributions with "post count 3" or similar praising Sky to the skies "best most wonderful company ever." Just sayin'.
    [size=+2]I MSE[/size]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport