Woolwich Shares, cash payment?

I have today received a letter from Assets Reunited Ltd saying that as I held Woolwich shares when they were bought by Barclays I should have had a cash payout which I never received.
This is possible as we moved house around that time.
However, Assets Reunited are offering to send me the money (over £700) only if I agree to them taking 10% + VAT.
Surely now I know I'm due the money I can claim it direct. Has anyone else been contacted in this way and how do I get my money without paying their fee?

Comments

• gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    uklancs wrote:
    Surely now I know I'm due the money I can claim it direct. Has anyone else been contacted in this way and how do I get my money without paying their fee?

Yes, you can claim the money direct, without paying a 10% fee.

Try contacting the share registrars to Barclays and ask them for your money.

The Registrar
    Registrars to Barclays PLC
    The Causeway
    Worthing
    BN99 6DA

questions@share-registers.co.uk

Telephone: +44 (0)870 609 4535

Regards
    Sunil
  • Not wanting to dig up an old thread, but I have rec'd a letter from these people claiming that they are acting on behalf of Norwich Union/Aviva. I have searched the NU website, but found no link to these people, but a whole bunch of stuff on the reattribution action! Any thoughts on the legitimacy of these people?

Ta muchly :0)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport