MSE Credit Club logging in problem

Hi all

I wondered if anyone else is having any trouble getting in to their MSE credit club account?

I successfully registered several months ago and I was getting access and reports etc every month without trouble.

Then for some reason, when I received the email last month saying they had updated my credit scores, I am no longer able to get in (seemingly failing at the Experian verification stage), and just get asked to verify my information is correct (as though I was signing up for the firs time). The information is correct and I made no changes from the last month when I was able to log in to the next month when I could not.

I emailed the support people but they didn't seem to read my email &/or understand the problem, and just sent me a cut & paste job on why they sometimes can't match people up.

Which doesn't make sense to me when they had previously matched me, and seemingly continue to do so as they keep sending me the monthly emails saying the scores have updated.

What is a little stranger is that I am able to get in to the free Experian CreditMatcher site without any trouble at all so Experian seem happy with my identity.

I've had the same trouble for the past couple of years where I am unable to get in to Noddle but I am able to get the £2 statutory Call Credit report without any trouble. Their support was as good as a chocolate fire guard too.

So for me, CleareScore is the only site I can reliably get in to.

Comments

• ashp_2
    ashp_2 Posts: 416
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    May be worth checking this thread I'm sure I saw some people with similar issues while reading the other day
  • 999pez
    999pez Posts: 51
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I've had the same issue. I got in fine when I first registered 3 months ago, but for the last 2 months it says I'm failing verification. I emailed creditclub-verification@experian.co.uk but just got a generic reply which didn't help.
    I then emailed creditclub@moneysavingexpert.com which is the email address they give out for feedback, but they didn't even reply.
    So I'm back with Noddle now which works fine.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,711
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Sorry to hear of the issues your having.

I can try and chase this up on your behalf for you, could be some technical gremlins, (happens a lot).

I'll update you here when I know more.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • spikyone
    spikyone Posts: 454
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've had the same problem, I could get in fine initially but then got kicked out at verification the last two months. Experian Credit Matcher works fine, so clearly my data is OK, but it would be nice to know why the MSE club version isn't letting me see my data.
  • MSE_Chris
    MSE_Chris Posts: 199
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    MSE Staff
    Hi Westminster,

From time to time, Experian will need to re-verify you as a user to make sure your data remains protected and is not being fraudulently accessed by anyone other than you. This may mean that you could be asked some questions (that only you should know) before you’re able to access your Credit Club dashboard but we've seen some of our users fail this step.

I understand this may be frustrating to genuine users of the site but what I can do is forward your details over to Experian to see what it can do. It seems you had previously emailed creditclub-verification@experian.co.uk which does sends this automated response.

Are you instead email us on creditclub@moneysavingexpert.com so we can help you with this?

Thanks!
  • MSE_Chris
    MSE Staff
    999pez wrote: »
    I've had the same issue. I got in fine when I first registered 3 months ago, but for the last 2 months it says I'm failing verification. I emailed creditclub-verification@experian.co.uk but just got a generic reply which didn't help.
    I then emailed creditclub@moneysavingexpert.com which is the email address they give out for feedback, but they didn't even reply.
    So I'm back with Noddle now which works fine.

Hi there,

You should have received a reply if you emailed us on creditclub@moneysavingexpert.com. What is your email address so I can look into this for you?
  • MSE_Chris
    MSE Staff
    spikyone wrote: »
    I've had the same problem, I could get in fine initially but then got kicked out at verification the last two months. Experian Credit Matcher works fine, so clearly my data is OK, but it would be nice to know why the MSE club version isn't letting me see my data.

Hi, sorry to hear you're no longer able to access your account.

Are you able to email us on creditclub@moneysavingexpert.com if you would like us to look into this for you?
  • Frinky
    Frinky Posts: 11 Forumite
    I had an email from Money Saving Expert this morning saying my Credit Club scores had been updated.

When I got to the 3rd part of the login process, which is extra verification, rather than failing this for any reason, the website took me around in circles:-

It asked me two questions about my mobile contract, then asked me to enter card details, which I did. Once I clicked next, it asked me the same original two questions again. Once I answered these again, I was asked to enter card details again, this time from a different card. Once I clicked next, I was taken back to the original same two questions again.

The page was allowing me to do this over and over again, without error, but never letting me successfully log in :(
  • MSE_Chris
    MSE Staff
    Frinky wrote: »
    I had an email from Money Saving Expert this morning saying my Credit Club scores had been updated.

When I got to the 3rd part of the login process, which is extra verification, rather than failing this for any reason, the website took me around in circles:-

It asked me two questions about my mobile contract, then asked me to enter card details, which I did. Once I clicked next, it asked me the same original two questions again. Once I answered these again, I was asked to enter card details again, this time from a different card. Once I clicked next, I was taken back to the original same two questions again.

The page was allowing me to do this over and over again, without error, but never letting me successfully log in :(

Hi Frinky,

Something doesn't sound quite right here, sorry about this but are you able to send us an email with your full name, postcode and the email you used to register for Credit Club to:

creditclub@moneysavingexpert.com

As this part of the process is ran by Experian, we will get it to have a look into this for you.
  • Frinky
    Frinky Posts: 11 Forumite
    MSE_Chris wrote: »
    Hi Frinky,

Something doesn't sound quite right here, sorry about this but are you able to send us an email with your full name, postcode and the email you used to register for Credit Club to:

[EMAIL="creditclub@moneysavingexpert.com"]creditclub@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]

As this part of the process is ran by Experian, we will get it to have a look into this for you.

I have sent an email to that address with the info you requested. Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me.

I've just tried logging into the Credit Club again, and it won't accept my credit / debit card details anymore, as I used them both when trying to login earlier.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure