Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• chili2001
    Options
    gorses wrote: »
    Hi All,

Received this from CAA after 6 months...

'Thank you for your patience with us while we investigated your complaint about the disruption to flight TCX2994 on 13 August 2012. Thomas Cook Airlines have agreed to pay you compensation for the disruption to your flight; they will get in contact with you directly to arrange payment. If you haven’t heard from them within 8 weeks please follow your claim up with them directly using a copy of this email.'

Looking good, just need to wait for TC now. Not holding my breath, they denied compensation all the way til now. Anyone else on this flight should claim now, looks like CAA are on-side.

Also, separately, the return flight was delayed over 5 hours but the CAA have said it's not within there remit. From what I understand a flight from outside the EU (turkey) to an UK airport (manchester) on an EU carrier (TC) IS there 'patch'. Can anyone confirm, I think they made a mistake?

Good luck everyone....:j

Yup, that IS down to the CAA. They obviously weren't paying attention to your complaint.
  • derkaiser
    Options
    This may be useful to anyone else on the delayed Thomas Cook flight from Manchester to Banjul, Gambia on 12 February 2011.

I have had my compensation claim paid in full thanks largely to the FAQs (and some of the excellent posts in this thread). The whole process took about 6 weeks from start to finish.

Good luck everyone.
  • tigertrumps2
    Options
    VOB72 wrote: »
    This sounds the same format and excuses as the defence they sent me, except a different EC. See my posts in recent weeks about the multiple claimants issue with similar aged kids - I'm currently waiting on further direction from the Local Court but from what I've read on here, there is no hard and fast rule. MCOL advised me I could do it but others disagree; some courts accept multiple claimants, others don't. TC know this so they bring it up in their defence.

I must admit i am in the same situation with this one VOB72 but was going to rely on the claims on here that had been successful and TC have paid out the amounts that were for 2, 3, 4 or more people
  • Mickeymoos
    Options
    TC filed an Acknowledgement of Service and said they were defending my claim. Twenty eight days have passed, didn't receive any defence or correspondence from TC, so have now requested judgement. Not sure what is going to happen next - has anyone else reached this stage recently?
  • grazzzz
    grazzzz Posts: 213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mickeymoos wrote: »
    TC filed an Acknowledgement of Service and said they were defending my claim. Twenty eight days have passed, didn't receive any defence or correspondence from TC, so have now requested judgement. Not sure what is going to happen next - has anyone else reached this stage recently?

I received my defence from Thomas cook 3 weeks after the date the court had set I have written to the court complaining however it appears there defence has still be accepted they appear to do it regularly and the courts allow it
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mickeymoos wrote: »

Read mummykate's saga ...
  • lbinks86
    lbinks86 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All

So I have been trying to claim compensation for some time now and after 3 letters to and from TC , they still wasn't budging. Since then I have instructed Bott & Co to take on this case for me. They have written to them twice, and twice Thomas Cook haven't bothered replying. Just received an update from Bott & Co saying that they are going to issue them with court proceedings. Just wondering if anyone else has gone down this route and how far it got ??

Thanks,
  • VOB72
    VOB72 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    I must admit i am in the same situation with this one VOB72 but was going to rely on the claims on here that had been successful and TC have paid out the amounts that were for 2, 3, 4 or more people

Well, I've heard back from the court and a SECOND District Judge has now ordered that 'an application is necessary to join other parties' and I have to complete form N244 and send them another £80. So annoying. It seems different judges see things differently and another judge may have just accepted my original claim. I think TC mention this in their defence because they know there is ambiguity and that it will possibly deter claimants - well not this one! Application and cheque already in post (despite being annoyed at the nuisance of it all)!
  • Mickeymoos
    Options
    grazzzz wrote: »
    I received my defence from Thomas cook 3 weeks after the date the court had set I have written to the court complaining however it appears there defence has still be accepted they appear to do it regularly and the courts allow it
    Grazzzz - have you every been told what your technical reason was. Despite asking TC numerous times for details, they just kept replying that it was a technical fault and wouldn't give me any specifics. Last email from them said that the engineer's report was just a list of codes and they weren't trained to decipher them. I fail to understand why, if they are that certain that the fault was an extraordinary one, they just wouldn't tell me what it was. I am hoping they are just stalling to avoid paying out!
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    VOB72 wrote: »
    Well, I've heard back from the court and a SECOND District Judge has now ordered that 'an application is necessary to join other parties' and I have to complete form N244 and send them another £80. So annoying. It seems different judges see things differently and another judge may have just accepted my original claim. I think TC mention this in their defence because they know there is ambiguity and that it will possibly deter claimants - well not this one! Application and cheque already in post (despite being annoyed at the nuisance of it all)!

As previously mentioned I have a claim in for 1200 euros & TC saying only self can claim etc

My question is can you amend the claim down to 400 euros with just myself claiming?

Obviously if I win, the other 800 euros is a doddle
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure