PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Table-top halogen ovens

Options

Comments

• Alot_does_not_exist
    Options
    Does anyone here actually have any experience of the table top oven style grills? I have no interest in the George Foreman type.
  • deborah64
    deborah64 Posts: 323 Forumite
    Options
    I have a halogen oven, the sort with the hinged lid, my only gripe with it is that sometimes the lid dosn't connect properly, and i have to keep wriggling it about for the light to come back on and allow the food to cook.
    I cook joints, burgers, all sorts in it and have done cheese on toast, and it was yummy
    Other than that it is great, one word of advice, clean it after every use, i get lazy sometimes and it can be a bit yucky to clean.:eek:
    Hope this helps, xxxx
  • juliapenguin
    Options
    I've got experience of table top grills/ovens as I got one when my grill packed up in a rented house. I found it brilliant and it was so economical for things like cakes and jacket spuds too. I only stopped using one when I got a combination microwave - which also has a grill but it was a lot more expensive than a table top grill.
  • lisargh
    Options
    Hi everyone, am not sure this is the correct place so apologies if not.
    I have been using my halogen oven for a couple of months now, just havn't tried cooking a joint like this before, has anyone ever cooked rib of beef in their oven, if so any tips or recipes at all?
    Thanks in advance
    Lisa:)
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi lisargh,

I have never used one so can't help, but as you've had no replies I've added your post to the main halogen oven thread where someone may see it and be able to give advice.

Pink
  • lisargh
    lisargh Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    thanks Pink :)
  • cooking-mama
    cooking-mama Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Options
    lisargh wrote: »
    Hi everyone, am not sure this is the correct place so apologies if not.
    I have been using my halogen oven for a couple of months now, just havn't tried cooking a joint like this before, has anyone ever cooked rib of beef in their oven, if so any tips or recipes at all?
    Thanks in advance
    Lisa:)
    ive only ever cooked pork joints,cooked lovely,but took longer than convential oven and i wrap them in tinfoil for most of the cooking time..hth.
    PS,I use a digital thermometer to test the cooked temp of all joints cooked in halogen to make sure they are cooked through
    Slimming World..Wk1,..STS,..Wk2,..-2LB,..Wk3,..-3.5lb,..Wk4,..-2.5,..Wk5,..-1/2lb,Wk6,..STS,..Wk7,..-1lb.
    Week 10,total weightloss is now 13.5lbs Week 11 STSweek 14(I think)..-2, total loss now 1 stone exactly
    GOT TO TARGET..1/2lb under now weigh 10st 6.5(lost 1st 3.5lbs)
  • sharnad
    sharnad Posts: 9,904 Forumite
    Options
    tried looking anywhere can you cook pasta in this you know past twists and spagetti
    Needing to lose weight start date 26 December 2011 current loss 60 pound Down. Lots more to go to get into my size 6 jeans
  • Kyresa
    Kyresa Posts: 1,534 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sharnad wrote: »
    tried looking anywhere can you cook pasta in this you know past twists and spagetti

It's just a glass oven, so if you cook pasta in an oven usually, then you should be fine with this :)
  • cooking-mama
    cooking-mama Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Options
    sharnad wrote: »
    I tried a pasta bake once..took ages n ages,halogen didnt even cope well with mac n cheese type bake, far quicker to just boil up some pasta.
    Slimming World..Wk1,..STS,..Wk2,..-2LB,..Wk3,..-3.5lb,..Wk4,..-2.5,..Wk5,..-1/2lb,Wk6,..STS,..Wk7,..-1lb.
    Week 10,total weightloss is now 13.5lbs Week 11 STSweek 14(I think)..-2, total loss now 1 stone exactly
    GOT TO TARGET..1/2lb under now weigh 10st 6.5(lost 1st 3.5lbs)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure