PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Comments

• dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I shall be joining this challenge from the 1st December so can I please have a budget of £500. Thank you to all who keep this grocery challenge going, it is so useful to see where the money is going.
  • Hiya, i am a newbie, ive just started keeping track of all monthly spends and really trying to get our food bill down. we are 3 adults i will put £300 down for december with a hope to come in below that. my month starts from 23rd nov to 22nd dec. good luck everyone :)
    Debt Free Wannabe since Sept 2012!
    £8,106.27 / £10,770.00 - 75.26% paid!! Getting closer!
    Debt Free by Xmas 2013!!
    Thanks to those that post freebies and competitions!
  • Can I join this month please, sorry for being soo late £400 for me. I'm new to this so my month for December is a short one and I should easily keep to it. Starts 1st December runs to 22nd. January's gonna be a killer of a long month!!

Thanks
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

Well, I'm starting the month a day earlier than planned as I've been paid today and that seems like a sensible way to go for my first ever GC! ;)

I have vowed to stay off the diet Pep$i as I've been buying at least a bottle a day - usually two so I reckon about 50 quid a month (it's a pound from the vending machine at work) and I'm trying not to go into M&$ for lunch (as that's always a good fiver, usually more as I have zero willpower!) and take leftovers or sarnies for lunch! :A

I spent just under 40 pounds on meat at a local butcher's earlier this week but as it's all for this month, it comes out of December's budget. I got:
    5Kg Chicken Fillets, 18 sausages, 5 good sized gammon steaks, 3.5Kg Minced beef.

Quite pleased as when I portioned it out I got 22 meals worth of meat (I like to pad out with lentils, beans, peas, etc., of which we have cupboards full!) and we've got bacon, corned beef, paneer and a bit more chicken to make us up to 29 meals. As we're being fed at the inlaws tonight, that takes me up to Christmas eve! :D Just fruit, veg and general stock cupboard stuff to get now!

Sorry for the ramble but I'm a bit excited about this challenge! :o

Vicky xx
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 November 2012 at 3:00PM
    Hi :)

Coming over here to post as my Nov ends tomorrow (Sat).

Would like to have a budget of £350 this month, got to up it a bit to include alcohol and lots of food for ready meals as I am working panto a LOT this month, so lots of late(ish) nights for me. Won't be buying in anything for Xmas as we will be abroad during that time, and already have the meat brought for new year dinner - theres a whole duck sitting in our outdoor freezer!

Have a few coupons to use this weekend in Mr T's, and also have a savings card with £10 on it, so will use that and get another one to start in the NY, with the view to spending £2 a week on savings stamps, means we should have a healthy looking card by Dec 2013. :D
    I have vowed to stay off the diet Pep$i as I've been buying at least a bottle a day - usually two so I reckon about 50 quid a month (it's a pound from the vending machine at work) and I'm trying not to go into M&$ for lunch (as that's always a good fiver, usually more as I have zero willpower!) and take leftovers or sarnies for lunch!

In the last 2 months since joining this thread (I believe I started on the Oct GC) I have cut down my intake of Diet Coke by 2 litres - I was consuming 4 litres a WEEK! :eek: and now I only drink 2litres a week....still not perfect but I take in a lot of water, tea, hot chocolate, and apple juice.
  • Rightio, I'm definitely joining in (and going to try to stay in) for this month. Could you please put me down for £200 and hopefully that will last us through the Christmas period into the New Year. My month will start on Tuesday, which gives me just enough time to get a list together and make my mealplan for the week - I also need to update my spreadsheet. It's really time for me to get my behind in gear! Fingers crossed that situations let me stick to this budget!

Going to get started then ... at the moment, roll on Tuesday!

KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    My budget started on Monday and is at £125.97 out of £400 already:eek: this includes 2 takeaways and a lot of wine to fill the wine rack in my kitchen that looks grubby when empty. Some of it will get drunk this weekend but I will top it up so we start the new year with 10 bottles in the rack. I have also bought everything I need for Ddad coming for dinner on Sunday.

I will need to go to Mr S for deodorant tomorrow and some GF stuffing as I am not sure the chicken joint I have will stretch to 4 adults and a toddler! May also get the frozen turkey crown I want from M&S out of the Christmas budget.

I have spent a fortune on work meals this week for lunch and the canteen is subsidised:eek: I must make time to make stuff for lunches this weekend for me. I got DH ready meals from ald1 so he is sorted for the week.
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Can I join again please:o Did this earlier in the year but then fell by the wayside.
    Payday today so challenge starts today for me. Can I be put down for £300 please.
    Feb GC £80 per week (Well I'm gunna try:whistle:)
    Diet starts today(31/12/16)! Only 18lbs to lose:eek:

4/2/16 - 13lbs to lose:D
    11/2/16 - 12lbs to lose:D
    3/3/16 - 11lbs to lose:D
  • Scuff
    Scuff Posts: 522 Forumite
    Hi can I join please? It's my (our?) first month although I have been lurking on October and Novembers GC. I'd like to be put down for £200 please, although I hope we make it under that! Our month runs 23rd - 23rd, so I'm starting today! Just spent £19.97 in sainsbugs on pretty much nothing - pizza, wine and beer... oh and milk!
    September 2016 GC £21.37/£120
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,873 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi everybody,

Budgets done to here :)

Welcome to the newbies: JAMIEDODGER, pinkskyatnight, lottie3000 and Scuff :)

Good luck for December everyone.
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure