The 'Save £12k in 2012' thread!

Comments

• slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    we've hit 200 members :j :j
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks Allie - done! :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • Transfered over another £1.80 as work gave me a free lunch (£1.80 is what I normally spend at the canteen.... it's heavily subsidised:D)
  • Transfered over another £1.80 as work gave me a free lunch (£1.80 is what I normally spend at the canteen.... it's heavily subsidised:D)

very envious as that will soon be my biggest area of expense and it's hard to eat something healthy for less than a fiver a day around here.
    should really start cooking my own lunch.
    Saving £10,000 in 2013: £4491.48/£10,000
  • RRRRodgA
    RRRRodgA Posts: 60 Forumite
    £300 saved in January so far!
  • allie23 wrote: »
    Hi folks. Sorry I am not keeping up with the thread as well As I would hope. Still keeping en eye on the pennies though. Got my final wage from my old job today and it was a huge surprise as I had acrued holiday pay of over £1000. So I have put £1100 to the savings along with some other wee bits and bobs from selling on Amazon.

My new total is £5514. I think that will be it for me this month - I will have another £30 or so but it is not likely to be available until Feb 1st so it will be added on for Febs total. Also expecting more money from Amazon sales that is sitting in the reserve fund.

Does anyone know how I formally update the list at the front?

allie23, what an amazing start to the challenge, you are almost half way there already, well done you, congratulations!!! :T
  • Adding another £10.73

£5.73 as part of the virtual saving pot challenge.

I was given £50 of Next vouchers for my birthday a couple of weeks ago :D so I'm putting the £5 I'd normally set aside as my budget for clothes into my savings for a few weeks.
  • lvm
    lvm Posts: 1,544
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Payday at last - thank the lord!

So, I've transferred another £1,000 to bring total to £2,000. Also managed about £27 into my virtual savings pot but going to count all that at the very end of the year as it's such small amount every month.

Off to fill in the form on the first page!
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Not much from me now until Feb, but the Ebay sales are going well: up to £30 so far and end on Sunday :-) woop! This challenge is making me look at ways I can make more for our savings :-)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • molit
    molit Posts: 373
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    so payday has finally come - only down side is with all of the thing I am doing to try and save cash - vouchers through work, tax efficient share save scheme etc, it doesnt seem to be as much.....still, i hve a monday feeling today so thats probably all it is today.
    No longer an accidental landlord, still a wannabe millionaire:beer:

initiative q sign up link

https://initiativeq.com/invite/HQHpIjaoQ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills