Delayed flight

Please help:I came across this site during an holiday in New York via American airline.
My flight was delayed for almost 4hrs and Infact my cousin that came to pick me up at airport had left in frustration.
I travelled on the train and ferry and taxi through the night arriving at my hotel at 4.30am the following day.The flight that took off from Paris was scheduled to arrive at JFK at 7.55 but did not arrive till after 12am.The flightstatus website stated an 11.43pm estimated time .
American airline have declined my claim stating their record indicated a delay of 119mins only.
It's unbelievable, the travel to the hotel through the night is unforgettable,the pilot made an unreserved apology for the delay and announced people can complain.American airline could have come up with 1001 excuses but not dispute the arrival time.
Has anyone had a similar experience,all I have is my air train ticket time of purchase at 2.12am and txt message from my cousin that she is leaving the airport as the plane is very delayed.
Thanks

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family