PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 25 July 2016

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 25 July 2016 at 6:18AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Monday 25 July 2016

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need them x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light, cloudy and overcast but still very warm, no rain forecast so skies may clear and we'll get some sunshine.

DH up and gone to work stupid early. DS1 now getting ready for work. DS2 still in his pit. Load in WM - will peg it out before I leave for work.

Lunch yesterday was roast chicken, roasties, mash, cauli/broc cheese, carrots, HG green beans, yorkshires and gravy, ice cream for dessert. Tonight should be gammon but it's a small joint and I'm hoping it will cook in the time frame I have, or I may make a decision to do jacket potato, beans, cheese and breaded chicken portion etc and cook the gammon at the end of the week when I can get it in the oven earlier in the afternoon.

Weekend was reasonably quiet, didn't really do much although I worked Saturday morning, DH took the boys to visit the grandparents whilst I was working then picked me up and we went home, just chilled at home but did do a few jobs. Our friends came over yesterday as they were helping DH with a little job that needed doing at our caravan, that's done now, they helped with a bigger job and seem to have a further solution if what they've done now doesn't work, so all good.

Back to work today, the weeks' just seem to be flying past. We're fairly quiet at the moment, we'll see what today brings.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning NMIC and all,

Just popping in before shooting off to work - how come I never sleep well on a Sunday night....

Nothing much to report here, looks like it's going to be a bright day, I finish at 1 ish, so might get to see some of it :)

Burgers and stuffed potato skins for dinner - quick and easy ;)

Happy Monday all x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Morning all

Thanks for starting the thread NMLC.

Hubby and I are enjoying our first cuppa of the day, we are looking after our 2 year old DGS & DGD today which should be fun. hubby doesn't start work until 12:30 when he can go to work for a rest!

It was cooler yesterday though we've still had no rain, I shall have a run around with the vacuum in a sec whilst the house is still cool.

Have a good day everyone
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Morning folks. The sun is back out but it feels less oppressive after the downpour we had yesterday afternoon. The gardens certainly needed it as the borders were bone dry. No more forecast for today.

Got a call from my DB after lunch to say my niece was in labour and was on her way to hospital. It could only be two minutes later I had a text from Mr TA's DB to say our nephew's wife was in hospital overdue her time and "something" should be happening soon! Two new great nieces/nephews expected in one afternoon! But it wasn't to be - niece had a little girl mid afternoon (both well) but nephew's wife was still hanging on and nothing would be happening until today.

Mr TA has his fortnightly bloods today so I may pop down town with him and have a look at baby clothes! I have two lovely cards ready and waiting courtesy of a sale! I'll pop in Poun*land whilst I am down as the cleaning supplies need re-stocking at the caravan.

I am on a mission to make room in the freezers for some batch cooking as stocks of the makings of quick meals are running low. They are handy to take to the 'van to save starting to make a meal from scratch. I think I am down to just a few single servings of bolognese.

Have a good day and (((HUGS))) where wanted/needed. GERS I'll be thinking of you at the funeral. It's particularly sad when it's for a young person. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Morning all, a cooler night and there is a breeze today, still no rain.

I'm off to work in a few minutes , still feeling a bit rubbish but I think that will be the aftereffects of the bug, which I now know has been doing the rounds locally.

I can't face making lunch to take, not very mse.

Hope everyone has a good or at least tolerable day.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,

Woke up cold several times in the night I only had a thin cover on me which kept coming off, it was bliss !

Off to work today and its the start of the summer holidays here so it will be manic, its also an event day where we have loads of bouncy castles on the go at once, so it will be packed with children ! At least the day will go quickly !

DD off today and has a driving lesson so she will be in charge of dinner we have some lamb kebabs in the freezer which could be done with rice and salad or some pittas and salad.

Need to have a hoover round tonight and clear the garden of Evie's toys as the man that does (the garden) will be here tomorrow.

Have good days all xx
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Slightly overcast this morning and certainly cooler.

Yesterday was a lovely day, spent most of it in the garden either reading or pottering doing a few bits that were needed, including planting a lovely rambling rose against the trellis behind the swing seat.
    Mum seems a tad better, she is certainly eating well and had a second, albeit small portion of Sunday lunch which was good to see.
    I didn't sleep so well last night and am tempted to book a couple of days off this week, just feel like need a bit of time away from work but we will see.
    Many congrats to you and yours TA on safe arrival of baby #1 with another to arrive shortly x

Have a good day everyone, take care folks x
  • Good morning all, thank you nmic for starting us off

Weather beautiful here, first load in WM almost finished, sheets and pillow slips, and then I have another load to go in. I want to put all that out before I start some gardening It was too hot last week to do any because we have the sun on the back of the house for most of the day.

It was much cooler in bed last night so we both slept better thankfully.

DGD and I will be having fresh salmon fillet and salad for our meal this evening, Himself will have a selection of italian meats left over from the weekend (he doesn't like fresh salmon but loves tinned salmon!!) I will do jacket potato for them both.

Lainey I am glad Mum is eating, I think that is a good sign.

Have a good day all

Candlelightx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good Morning all and happy Birthday to those celebrating today. Sounds as if some of us will welcome a bit of cooler weather,if only about 4 times last night because of it being too hot and humid.I feel decidedly like a wrung out cloth this morning :) perhaps a nanny nap after lunch if I can get the boys immersed in something today, its already getting warm again.

I too will whizz around with the Hoover in a minute,just the sitting room though.
    DD has lost a filling from her tooth and was in agony last night so fingers crossed she can get an emergency appointment for this afternoon.She is really phobic about dentists and at almost 47 still needs her Mum with her :) and I do the There there' bit. bless her.We only have 18 days until we go on holiday and she doesn't want to ruin her holiday with a sore mouth.She went last week, and they put a temporary filling in ,but it fell out yesterday, it really does need to come out,but its a back tooth and she had a dreadful job having her wisdom tooth taken out,she was waking up as they were extracting it and had to virtually sit on her to get the blooming thing out .Her teeth seemingly have very deep roots !!
    So I shall be going with her as soon as she can get an appointment.

DGS have been pretty good so far and next Sunday DGS Ben will be back from his month long stint of extra work he put in up in Norwich to help pay his rent for his new student house

DGS Jack has a trial at the local newsagents this afternoon,he applied for a part-time job there in the afternoons and he was one of 14 people who applied Its down to three and each one has a trial this week.He said he won't stop his voluntary work in the Marie Curie shop as they said they will fit his hours around his job if he gets it ,so fingers crossed for him.He starts in 6th form in September and like all 16 year olds wants to be able to buy clothes and go out with his pals ,and knows that with himself and his three brothers the Bank of Mum and Dad can't afford a lot of extras luxuries.but he is a good lad and rarely asks for anything bless him.
    right time to get a wriggle on and hoover,shower and breakfast before going to DDs to look after the boys.I make them their food and prep the veg and make sure the washings hung out and generally tidy around .The boys are quite good and will help as well (good training for their future wives :):))
    My eldest DD is off to a Greek island for two weeks with her OH today, no doubt at some point I will see my DGD as she will be at home as she's had her holiday already and has broken up for 6 weeks from her job as a teacher
    Hope everyone has a nice day,even though it is Monday

Cheers chums JackieO xx
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Still awake here in The Land of Enchantment so good morning all. Not only am I still up but I'm wide awake! I think it has to do with the two very long 'I'm sick and need to be in bed' naps I had today. I'm feeling a bit better but now I really do need to be in bed. I may get my days and nights mixed up like a baby. ;)

Errands are on the agenda. Thank heavens the list isn't too long. DS1 is getting both wisdom teeth pulled so I need to think of things he can eat.

I need to at least try to sleep or I'll be dragging myself around in the morning (for me).
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

It looked quite promising out there today so I stripped the bed, it's now pouring down! It is forecast to clear up later but we'll see.

I've ground a bag of coffee beans that my next door neighbour gave me and made the syrup for the limoncello I'm making, when it's cool it will go with the vodka and lemon peels. Had some little bottles delivered so can bottle that up next week.

RR - How's your new boss?
    Gers - My thoughts are with you today.
    Lainey - Pleased to hear your DM is a bit better.
    TA - Congrats on the new baby.

Swimming and some housework today, must sort out meeting up with some friends, the holiday will have passed before we get together.

Take care. XX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport