Anything better than Money Dashboard?

I recently signed up for Money Dashboard. It's a great site - however I'd prefer something which not only looks at transactions but also gives some sort of visual for a targetted saving scheme.

For example, if I was putting money aside for a house it would show the money piling up in some form.

Or am I just being fussy?

Comments

• I use Money Dashboard too. It aggregates all my current accounts in the one place so I just opened a new one (Santander - 5% interest and £100 on opening!) and used a standing order as a savings plan. I can now view my savings and still track everything in the one place without logging in and out of different websites- nice and easy. I even found the account via the 'ways to save' link on their website.:T
  • preable
    preable Posts: 2,114
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Yes i think money dashboard is the best
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    I thought some banks were still not happy with people using aggregators.
  • IM1
    IM1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    lovemoney.com offer budgeting and analysis visuals. Very useful feature.
  • The comment from getmore4less got me thinking.
    I called my bank and indeed they don't indemnify anyone who gives their password to a third party which, for now, includes aggregators. Money Dashboard's security credentials look pretty good though, and anyone hacking my details can only see my transactions; not steal my money. So I'll stick with it - already addicted to the benefits.
  • blueberrypie
    blueberrypie Posts: 2,395
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The comment from getmore4less got me thinking.
    I called my bank and indeed they don't indemnify anyone who gives their password to a third party which, for now, includes aggregators.

...except it doesn't, at least not all of them. All the aggregators based on Account Unity (including Egg and First Direct's) don't have access to your password - it's saved on your computer (or portable drive, if you choose that option) in encrypted form, and probably safer than most other forms of storing it. It certainly never goes through their servers.

I'm not saying the banks are happy about aggregators (although Egg and FD obviously are), but you aren't giving your password to a third party.
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 2,243
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The banks or at least halifax wont cover fraud on the account if you use them. It was on the clarity card terms and conditions.
  • Norman-B
    Norman-B Posts: 1,638
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Is moneydashboard free to use?
  • Money Dashboard is free. Still in open beta though; not sure if they plan to charge for it eventually - how will they make any money out of it otherwise? Perhaps it'll be free until the issues between banks and aggregators are cleared up?
  • hartsdown
    hartsdown Posts: 19
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Tried Money Dashboard yesterday and it's having a problem with Nationwide. Another problem with it is that in MS Money you could put in an alarm to warn you if you are getting close to your overdraft limit. As far as I can see you can't put an alarm for a negative amount on a single account in MD.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure