Enforcement by distraint

Comments

• wheezy57
    wheezy57 Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    I did ask them both to DO ONE very politely btw. ;)
  • wheezy57
    antonic wrote: »
    If a distraint visit by a HMRC Field Force Officer IS to be made, you may be lucky and they will ring to make an appointment to see you, if your unlucky they will turn up on your doorstep unannounced, and if your not in leave a letter, with their mobile phone number on it, and ask you to contact them to make an appointment.

My advice would be to make the appointment and see them and explain the situation.

Just because it has got to this stage it does not mean that distraint action or further recovery action is inevitable.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your very helpful post. I would most certainly with out hesitation keep the appointment to at least show what paper proof I have in my defence. In fact I would welcome it.

I do get frustrated when I am given numbers to ring and they are either unavailable or that dead line sound. I also agree with some of the advice on here that I should have chased this up earlier. But I didnt. So now we have the situation as it stands. When I say we I mean me!!

Many thanks again..most appreciated:)
  • antonic
    antonic Posts: 1,977 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You have to remember your in the midst of a process which has to be followed.

If you participate and play your part (not necessarily willingly !) and co-operate you will find your path a lot easier.

If however you continue to have an attitude you will get nowhere and the enforcement process will continue and get more painful for you.

wheezy57 wrote: »
    I did ask them both to DO ONE very politely btw. ;)
  • wheezy57

If you participate and play your part (not necessarily willingly !) and co-operate you will find your path a lot easier.

If however you continue to have an attitude you will get nowhere and the enforcement process will continue and get more painful for you.
    I couldnt agree with you more. That was always the way for me. I only have an attitude with one or two posters here. I do not have an attitude with HMRC - some incredulity perhaps. Please read some of my responses and then the picture (or rather my picture will become clearer to you).

Asking two posters to do one is rather tame dont you think to what I could have said? Ask yourself this - what would you do in the circumstances - or your Mum, Aunt, Grandmother, Sister etc - in the face of some of the comments they made. Do you think you would allow them to roll over and take it. Or maybe you would - I dont know. But I am not rolling over and I am addressing this as urgently as I can.

Your post is appreciated though.
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

I don't think Wheezy has an inappropariate attitude at all.

Wheezy admits that she should have been more proactive possibly but considered the matter closed as she had received no reply from HMRC. She has tried to call a number of times and has not been able to get through. She also is querying why no communication has been received from HMRC before.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation (and Wheezy admits she has played her part in ignoring it), both parties have made mistakes it seems.

I can fully understand Wheezy's frustration but to be fair she has only replied 'with an attitude', as you put it, to posters who have, in my opinion, been very judgemental and unhelpful.
  • wheezy57
    Antonic - your change of tone from post 71 to your latest is somewhat confusing.
    I was so pleased by your earlier post and then you drop a horror on 74? What happened inbetween?
  • wheezy57
    pmlindyloo - I wanted to 'thank you' but I am unable to do it officially. I am aware that there two sides to this saga -my side the Tax side. Other people can make it up as they go along - but I am most heartened with your comments.
  • wheezy57 wrote: »
    You quite clearly havent read the whole thread. Also find out a little bit more about fb. It puts a different slant on his posts...and not just on this thread either!

I have read the entire thread and I don't feel the need to delve into other threads FB has contributed to. There is more than an element of manipulation (bordering on bullying) going on here, and not on FB or DSeventy's part.

You may not like what they say but, they have every right to say it.
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I have read the entire thread and I don't feel the need to delve into other threads FB has contributed to. There is more than an element of manipulation (bordering on bullying) going on here, and not on FB or DSeventy's part.

You may not like what they say but, they have every right to say it.

No-one is saying that they don't have a right to say it.

You say that you don't feel the need to delve into other threads that FB has written.

In my case I haven't delved into other posts but have 'met' him on the way as I've been trying to help other posters.

He very rarely gives advice (surely the aim of this forum?) but just, it seems to me, enjoys winding people up until they get mad. He seems to be totally insensitive to anyone's situation.

I'm not going to post any more about this. In the end it just 'feeds' the troll.
  • pmlindyloo wrote: »
    [/B]

No-one is saying that they don't have a right to say it.

You say that you don't feel the need to delve into other threads that FB has written.

In my case I haven't delved into other posts but have 'met' him on the way as I've been trying to help other posters.

He very rarely gives advice (surely the aim of this forum?) but just, it seems to me, enjoys winding people up until they get mad. He seems to be totally insensitive to anyone's situation.

I'm not going to post any more about this. In the end it just 'feeds' the troll.

I would say that being howled down and decried consistently is very much denying a person their right to speak, apart from being the height of bad manners.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure