Half a house

Comments

• Silence101
    Silence101 Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hi Silence :wave:

Wow looks like things are moving forward now! Well done on the TT's - nothing like the satisfaction of moving money money around and seeing how small amounts soon add up!!

I do hope you are feeling much more positive/confident about the process now :)
    Thanks!

We should hear a bit more from the mortgage tomorrow, hoping it goes through smoothly. And the solicitors should be able to start searches by the end of the week.
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Silence101 wrote: »
    We know we don't want carpet downstairs, but still trying to weigh up the different flooring options, to see what should be the most child proof/budget proof/QUOTE]

Childproof - this mysterious dream doesn't exist in out house, even when we put all 3 of them in straight jackets they still find a way :eek:;)
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    In my first house I wanted the look of the same carpets throughout the upstairs rooms but didn't have the budget for it, but managed to find carpet remnants all within a shade or two of the same colour that saved a small fortune. Good luck
  • We'll have a look for remnants, we aren't too fussy (as long as they are the right size.)

My husband thinks the living room is just concrete at the moment, so at a push we could leave it as it is for a month or two to save up for more expensive flooring, as it won't get damaged. I thought it was board so we'll find out when (if) we get the keys.
  • Silence101
    Today we should find out a bit more about the mortgage progression. We're going through a broker who updates us twice a week. The valuation happened last week, and apparently they were checking our paperwork yesterday. Hoping it all goes smoothly, as we're already imagining ourselves living there... it's going to be rough if it falls through now...
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Fingers crossed for exciting news for you Silence :)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Silence101
    Fingers crossed for exciting news for you Silence :)

We've been approved for the mortgage!! So happy!!:j
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Great news, congratulations :)
  • Silence101
    tori.k wrote: »
    Great news, congratulations :)
    Thanks!!
    I'm hoping the solicitors will be as fast, and that we can move by the end of September. Already trying to think of what we can start packing, although I probably shouldn't jump the gun too soon.
  • Silence101
    Just transferred another £20 into savings. My husband wants to buy a dishwasher when we move, so it'd be nice if I can save towards that.
    We're on holiday at the moment, so spending a bit more than planned, but trying to keep costs low.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure