Short term low cost high borrow international credit card

Hi
I've never had a credit card in my life!
I have some money processing approximately 20K that will arrive in my bank account start of May. Mid April i am going to america and Disney world and this money was to fund that trip. Is there a credit card i can apply for that will allow me to borrow 10-15K in cash, purchase's and Dollars that i can pay back when the money comes to me in May. one that won't charge me for the things i need?

Comments

• PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Would you like gold ingots with that?

Getting a limit of that amount might be a problem. Creation Everyday credit card might be a starting point for you though.
  • Even if you do get a decent card for overseas spending, you're likely not to A. get the kind of limit you're looking at and B. the cash spend limit is likely to be a fraction of the total credit limit. My Barclaycard travel platinum (or whatever it is called) gave me a cash limit of only 25% of the total limit.

That's an eye watering amount of money to be spending ...
    174 BPM >> CC Balance (0%) -£3,565.99 - Target DFD Dec 2017 >> Loan (Car) (3.1%) -£19,803.74 - Target DFD Nov 2020
  • 7 people, including kids, on the holiday of a life time, i don't want to be thinking about money to much, hence the potential large amount!
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Spend less when away.

Eat twice a day, no snacks and walk everwhere.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    i don't want to be thinking about money to much
    ....which is presumably how you came to be in the situation where with less than a month to go, you don't have the money available to pay for it?!

Realistically I think you'd be very fortunate to get a first credit card with that sort of limit, but what do your credit files look like? What sort of disposable income do you have? If you had been assuming the £20K would arrive first, what can you do to expedite it? Do any of the other people in the party have access to short-term funds?

At the risk of generalising, most folk going on a Disney holiday would already have bought flights, accommodation, car hire and park tickets in advance, which ought to be the lion's share of the total cost - does your £10-15K overlap with any of that or is it just for food, etc?
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    It really is a shame that you have never held a credit card in your life. In your situation you will NOT be given a credit card with a limit sufficient to allow 10-15K spend. It isn't going to happen.
    Apply to your own bank first. You may be lucky and get something reasonable. Otherwise it will be one of the credit builder cards who will give you a 3 figure credit limit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure