The Broker Blues Thread

Comments

• Dave_Ham
    Dave_Ham Posts: 6,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Point of order there, T.

I was born in Urmston and was brought up and went to school in Eccles. Pre-1974 it was Lancashire Education committee, then Salford. He was head of a normal mid-70s comprehensive, but a good one for the area/time.

I'm not one of these outlandish Manchester folk, like you Tony :D
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,686
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I thought that was a given... :D
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Dave_Ham
    Dave_Ham Posts: 6,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    kingstreet wrote: »
    I thought that was a given... :D

Just in case
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,677
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    My office is in Urmston.

Im a rare mancunian... I work (this is a joke for anyone easily offended). Half my mates from school are either in prison or working on it :-P.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • kingstreet
    Forumite
    ACG wrote: »
    My office is in Urmston.

Im a rare mancunian... I work (this is a joke for anyone easily offended). Half my mates from school are either in prison or working on it :-P.
    Aye. It was Urmston Cottage Hospital back then. It's now a care home, I believe;-

http://www.urmstonmanchester.com/Urmston-Cottage-(Hospital).html
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • kingstreet
    Forumite
    If Colleys does a "scheme two" for the client, Halifax allows them upto five working days to upload the report so the client can see it online.

That's three/four days longer for the mortgage offer because they don't have to upload the mortgage report & valuation any quicker.
  • kingstreet
    Forumite
    In conclusion to the last post, valuation done on 20th, offer issued on 27th. Homebuyer's report added at least four days to the offer process.
  • kingstreet
    Forumite
    More than any other, why does the HSBC Premier Account brigade feel the need to tell me how to do my job?

Come back when you can get 90% on a newbuild.
  • OK ! !!!!!! is 'nationality 1' then 'nationality 2' on a Halifax application ???

You can tell I don't process applications very much these days - but when 'needs must' (more sickness round here than Sierra Leone !!).
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • kingstreet
    Forumite
    It's for cases where the borrower has dual nationality.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback