Ebay Seller can't refund?

2»

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Pun wrote: »
    I've had the same problem - someone opened an 'item not received' dispute (in spite of the fact I'd already spotted it had gone AWOL from the tracking and said I'd refund in full if it didn't arrive in the next few days) and when I tried to refund, couldn't do so because the funds were on hold because of the dispute. I had plenty of cash in my Paypal account, but still couldn't refund.

Only when I had a message from ebay saying (words to the effect) 'try to work it out with your buyer' did I get the option to refund. I did and as others have said, that closed the case.

Then there must have been a glitch if you were trying to refund via the dispute.

The system should be, and it has worked like this for me for my INR disputes, that you go into the case and are faced with options Including refund now. Click on refund now- PayPal release the funds automatically without seller needing to even log in, buyer gets refund and case closes.

However, none of this is what is happening with the OP here. This is more of a case that the system will only allow a full refund, the OPs seller can't refund only due to the fact they are trying to refund part of the payment.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Also related to Refund.
    I have got a Return Label, which seem to me to use Royal Mail with Bar Code on it.

When I take it to the Post Office, will I get a receipt for this ? If not how could I prove it that I have returned the item ??
    thanks
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    adindas wrote: »
    Also related to Refund.
    I have got a Return Label, which seem to me to use Royal Mail with Bar Code on it.

When I take it to the Post Office, will I get a receipt for this ? If not how could I prove it that I have returned the item ??
    thanks

You can ask for a receipt, or just take a note of the barcode number on the label. The ebay RM returns label is a tracked return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure