PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 June 2017 at 5:04PM
    Options
    :eek: Oh no, fridge lightbulbs come in twin-packs? That's too cruel.

Just spent a bit of time at the pal's shop and he mentioned that the stair lightbulb is out, so I will take him one from the lightbulb mountain tomorrow and take the other away for the special recycling box at the tip.

I was also able to give him a defunct vacuum-sealable bag which had lost its vacuum, as he needed the clear plastic for mending something, so that's two things out of the flat.

Nice one about the mug, karmakat. Expect it was quite an experience visiting the Show. It's one of the progs my parents watch and, if I'm over there at the time, I watch it too, it's very interesting.

ETA, Oh, nearly forgot, went to the shop and checked out the window display (mine own work) and then went in and asked how much he was charging for the spider? Cue a comedic couple of minutes when a large spider was hunted down, captured in a glass and taken outside to be released safely. We laffed.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    Nice one about the mug, karmakat. Expect it was quite an experience visiting the Show. It's one of the progs my parents watch and, if I'm over there at the time, I watch it too, it's very interesting.
    Sorry, saw your question on the prepster thread and answered there too :o it's all over the place on mse now :o apologies for those who read it multiple times!
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • GreyQueen
    Options
    :o No worries, I read it on preppers, came over here and realised you'd said here, went back to say I'd seen it and you'd answered me. :rotfl:

Exciting, isn't it?!
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    Exciting, isn't it?!
    Good word for it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Stuff in my kitchen cupboards is [STRIKE]getting a beating [/STRIKE] being kondoed like mad, as a cleanliness issue. I've got some rejigging to do.
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    I have tried, but it fits around the compressor so is a sort of odd P-shape :(

Try googling the make and model of the fridge? Or emailing the makers?
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • WeeMidgie
    WeeMidgie Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    Today I'm at last tackling the paperwork category. It was last properly gone through in 2012, so there has been significant weeding out to do. All paperwork for my previous car has gone, bar the DVLC confirmation I'm no longer responsible for it. And now that I've recently retired, the once bulging employment file is now much slimmer. I've only ever been a modest earner, but looking back I had an interesting working life, but it's great to know that file is now simply a historic record, and won't be added to.

Apart from that, I've fished out receipts and guarantees for expired appliances, old optician's reports etc.. There's now a huge pile needing shredded, so after stopping for a bite of lunch, the afternoon will be spent with a DVD showing subtitles (due to shredder noise!), whilst I operate the shredder in short bursts.

By this evening, I hope I'll be completely through what is my least appealing kondo category so far!!
  • GreyQueen
    Options
    :T Great going, WeeMidgie, it's that eat the frog moment when you've dealt with the bugbear.

This morning, before people were up and about, I nipped out with a small box of useful-but-not-to-me foodstuffs * and placed them in plain view in the communal area of the flats with a note inviting peeps to help themselves. Two hours later when I went out, some had gone, three hours later when I came back, all plus the wee box had been taken. Happiness.

* just had a diagnosis which means I will have to change my diet, and these items weren't on the new menu.

Have been to the pal's shop and hung out for a while and then came home for a light luncheon. About to go erranding, then will rest for a few hours before spending the evening on the old allotmentino.

:o:p It's a toss up between weeding and getting out a scythe and doing some haymaking, it's that bad in parts.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
  • GoingToDoIt
    GoingToDoIt Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi kondomites, hope everyone is well.
    I have been gearing up (avoiding) my handbag insert sort out for a few weeks now. It's handy to have the little bag with bits in, but it had become cluttered with carp and needed sorting.
    I've repurposes a mini clicklock tub for medicines. A bit bulky but much neater. I'm trying out an old plastic travel pass holder for holding tampons , which fits neatly in a side pocket. Following this other bits (mini brush, toothbrush, toothpaste and mini make ups for on the go) are neat enough in a pocket.
    Made two dividers in the sock drawer, from one cereal box. I love "footsies" the tiny foot cover/mini socks made of tights material, but they a a bu@@er to wash/dry. I just sewed a load of them on to some thread and tied it to the maiden! I have some surplus ribbon and press studs so think I will make a permanent footsie drying line later by sewing those together.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
    Jan 20 0%cc debt 7700/7700
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I love "footsies" the tiny foot cover/mini socks made of tights material, but they a a bu@@er to wash/dry.
    I put mine in one of those zip up 'delicates' bags with my bras. (stops the wires coming out).
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    I have tried, but it fits around the compressor so is a sort of odd P-shape :(

Have you tried typing the part name, make and model into the search box on ebay? There are quite a few firms on there who supply parts for household machines. Recently I have bought a new door catch mechanism for my elderly washing machine, and a drawer front for my freezer :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure