PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Put In Offer Today Or Wait Till Monday?

Options
13»

Comments

• strawberries1
    Options
    Thank you! Heartbroken!!!

Declined and they've received an offer a little over asking price of "offers over £X".

I should please let them know if I wish to increase my offer.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you! Heartbroken!!!

Declined and they've received an offer a little over asking price of "offers over £X".

I should please let them know if I wish to increase my offer.

As I recall you've offered your maximum, so as I previously suggested, remind them of your advantages regards flexibility, and leave it at that.
  • strawberries1
    Options
    I've got a jolly good update people!!!

The buyers pulled out!
    I'd told the agent to let me know if the sale falls through and waduyaknow? Silly me I said I'll match what was accepted and now we have lift off!! :j

Please recommend a site to compare mortgages and solicitors.

I'm a FTB and been trying to get my foot on that ladder having paid rent for 11years!! My eyes water when I think about how much I've spent!!
  • glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Get your home report and hammer down your offer a few k!!! Good luck though, first home ownership is so exciting!
  • amateur_house
    Options
    Good news :T

There's a link to a mortgage rate comparison tool on the main page of this site.
    And you can get quotes for conveyancing from the 'really moving' site.
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Or, go see a broker, one that doesn't charge for their services. They may be able to find yourself a better deal than you may.

In relation to a solicitor, have a little search around your local area and find one that does fixed price service. You should be able to find a decent solicitor for the £750 mark.
  • strawberries1
    Options
    Thanks ever so much!
    I feel more responsible already! :)
    I'm using the MSE recommended broker but they're telephone based. Is that ok? I'll send my docs later today.

What're your toughts re fixing and term in these times of uncertainty?
    Will you do a tracker or fixed? Why?
    2yrs or 5yrs? Why?

Thanks again.
  • Niv
    Niv Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks ever so much!
    I feel more responsible already! :)
    I'm using the MSE recommended broker but they're telephone based. Is that ok? I'll send my docs later today.

What're your toughts re fixing and term in these times of uncertainty?
    Will you do a tracker or fixed? Why?
    2yrs or 5yrs? Why?

Thanks again.

Personally I believe interest rates are only going one way so I recently went fixed for 5 years. This way no shocks, and I know how much the mortgage will be allowing me to budget more accurately.
    YNWA

Target: Mortgage free by 58.
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We did a 3 year fix when we bought our first property as it allows us to get the house straight, our lives straight with some understanding that our mortgage payments won't change for 3 years, and it was a whole lot easier knowing how much money we will have spare going forwards.

5 years fix you'll pay a little more, 2 years fix a little less, but it's totally up to you. It's hard to predict what is to happen in the future, but i would say that interest rates can't really get much lower currently and the only way is up.

Tracker may be the cheapest (for now), but if it's your first property and for ease of budgeting, go for a fix. that means no shocks in X months time.
  • strawberries1
    Options
    Thank you!
    I would like to fix for 5years too but the MA said 2 was best based as it's my first property. Ironically the mortgage payment is cheaper than any rent I've ever paid!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure