Debt Demolisher

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    The leg thing sounds really unpleasant, poor you. Is there any herbal remedies you can take for that?
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • DH gets restless legs when he is 'overtired' (that makes him sound like a baby!) or he's done loads and loads of walking. Drives me bananas when he gets it, I don't even pretend to be sympathetic. :rotfl:
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    boxofpaws wrote: »
    My mum has Restless Leg. It looks like a right pain, I hope I don't get it.

You've reminded me, Ocado send me a weekly email, with a £20 voucher. Please let me know what they're like.

Did you ring SC today?
    It's very annoying once it starts. I usually have to get up and walk around.
    My shopping is due around 4.30 today. I won't be home but DH will be. Hopefully he has put it all away before I get home :p. Sneaky eh.

I sent SC a message through my online DMP. By the time I remembered they were closed. If I don't hear from them I will definitely ring them
    Bobarella wrote: »
    The leg thing sounds really unpleasant, poor you. Is there any herbal remedies you can take for that?

I will have a look online when I get some free time today. It can't hurt to try it can it? I googled it too, wish I never according to the web I need my legs amputated and I have 24 hours to live :rotfl: Note to self . Never google ailments
    DH gets restless legs when he is 'overtired' (that makes him sound like a baby!) or he's done loads and loads of walking. Drives me bananas when he gets it, I don't even pretend to be sympathetic. :rotfl:

My DH has no sympathy either he says I keep him awake. Oh but it's ok when he snores :rotfl:
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Just caught up on your diary , you are doing really well. I remember feeling the same when I changed my bank account at the start of my DMP years ago . Once the money has gone in your new account you will be able to go forward, hopefully not taking 107 years! .
    I get restless legs at night , I always have to get up and move about , I still haven't found the magic cure.
  • motivated
    Just caught up on your diary , you are doing really well. I remember feeling the same when I changed my bank account at the start of my DMP years ago . Once the money has gone in your new account you will be able to go forward, hopefully not taking 107 years! .
    I get restless legs at night , I always have to get up and move about , I still haven't found the magic cure.

107 years :eek: it makes me smile just the thought of it. :D

I actually slept really well last night. Set the alarm, got into bed, next thing the alarms going off. Never woke up once :T

Payday tomorrow and I am anxious about my wages. But DHs wages have been going in the night before so maybe it will be sitting there in my new account tonight. Here's hoping
    M
  • Macey1510
    Macey1510 Posts: 82 Forumite
    Glad you had a good nights sleep! Hope everything goes ok with your wages.
  • motivated
    Macey1510 wrote: »
    Glad you had a good nights sleep! Hope everything goes ok with your wages.

Hi Macey I hope so too. I was frightened to ask someone to check at work I don't like keep getting my head bitten off, I need it too much :p
    M
  • motivated
    :j Panic over :j

Just checked my bank and my wages are sitting there phew. Our new account seems to show the wages the evening before it seems. DHs wages also shows early. At least I can sleep now. Although I would have had my DDs going out from my old account in the morning. The loans I had were with this bank also. Halifax is going to be like :mad: with me tomorrow. I have cancelled all DDs so they would have been aware that something wasn't right I'm sure. I would imagine they have heard from SC by now so will wait for any correspondence from them.

I am so relieved that now I know we are truly up and running. Well jogging at least :D

I have transferred the money I need for my 1st SC payment on the 1st into one of my savings accounts and will transfer it back in time for the DD. I only keep the minimum amount we need in the bank account and only top up the debit card if and when we need to buy anything. This is a great idea having 2 separate cards. It helps us keep in control of the finances easier.

My Ocado shopping arrived I had no substitutes and everything has a long use by date on it. Very pleased with it so no complaints from me. I also slept like a baby last night hopefully another restful night is on the cards :T
    M
  • Oh that's such great news! You are off and running (or jogging, as you say). I hope you enjoy knowing that everything is moving forwards.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • foxyloxy11
    foxyloxy11 Posts: 344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm really pleased for you... I could feel your nervousness about wages day.Phew!! weight off your shoulders...enjoy the rest of the week now :)
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback