sarahevie's single quest to mortgage freedom

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,162 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    gallygirl wrote: »
    If you're thinking what I think you're thinking - I'm thinking it too :rotfl:.
    Brodiebobs wrote: »
    me too, possibly with more swears :rotfl:

A few choice words may have been muttered :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    beanielou wrote: »
    A few choice words may have been muttered :rotfl:
    Fair few asterisks here :rotfl:.
    Save
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • sarahevie1
    sarahevie1 Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    After two no spend days. £8.35 spent today in a cafe whilst waiting for dd1 at brownies.
    HOME
    Original mortgage free date Nov 2037
    Mortgage free August 2018

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    Teacher pension - DB scheme
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • I would say the ex is an ex for a reason, I too have had the "i miss you" lines etc etc and whilst its "comfortable" to go back to what you know I always feel that relationships fail for a reason and going back won't correct any of the issues. Draw a line and move on.

Good on you for being positive though and seeing the good side in him, you'll need that for the future.

Mortgage free - 01/05/2019, mortgage high £200k 2011
  • Darpett
    Darpett Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    What Licoln-potter said :)
  • sarahevie1
    I would say the ex is an ex for a reason, I too have had the "i miss you" lines etc etc and whilst its "comfortable" to go back to what you know I always feel that relationships fail for a reason and going back won't correct any of the issues. Draw a line and move on.

Good on you for being positive though and seeing the good side in him, you'll need that for the future.

I know you are probably right but I do truly believe he's the love of my life. I've been with him since I was a teenager and now I'm early 30s. Through choice I would never have ended it however I can't keep going through the roller coaster of he wants me, then he doesn't etc and all the emotional abuse that came along with it.

I'm potentially seeing the academic tomorrow night as I've really managed to help ex reconnect with kids. That has been my biggest success and the most important thing for me.

Rainbows this evening and tool other dds for icecream £4. Dd1 is away on a residential with school tomorrow for the weekend will miss her loads but she's dead Excited!
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • sarahevie1
    Already in bed, as had a date with the academic last night and didn't get back til 11.30 on a school night.

Spending last seven days £43 petrol.
    £50 social spends. This is shocking but have had such fun. Pancakes with my lovely daughters, cafe with my friends, 3 evenings out. Two just to my local but it all adds up!
    £55 food shopping.

The academic asked if I'd have a weekend away with him to Wales, declined, as we know I've got the kids 7 nights a week. Then he started asking if I want a relationship with him, I was honest, I'm very unsure. I still think our lifestyles are just so different. He also keeps referring to English girls generally in quite a promiscuous fashion which I find quite rude. he then missed his last train back and begged to stay at my house, felt it was quite deliberate, but sent him back on a national express! Reading it back it sound much worse than it was, it was a lovely evening with a great guy it's just clear he wants more and I don't know what I want.
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • sarahevie1
    The builder started work on my house today and already it looks fab yay!
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,162 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good news on the house :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • sarahevie1
    Extra 6 hrs at the supermarket this evening. House looks ace. Love my new double glazing.
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing