BT Sport Free ?, Heres the catch !

Options
BT SPORT

If your a BT Broadband customer you can subscribe to BT Sport for free. We signed up to it last year and were put on a 12 month contract. Anyway we just got an email saying we are out of contract soon and due to pay £12 month for BT Sports. When I called to cancel they said its free as long as you are in contract. They offered me a lower broad band price £16.60 down to £13.85 for 12 months and I get to keep BT Sports for 12 months.

I'm happy with this but just understand that its not free to you just for being a BT Customer, its only when you have a 12 month contract with them. They give you a 14 day cooling off period when entering a new contract so you have option to cancel if you made a hasty move.

Good Luck:j

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No its not free multiple posts tell you its free with a contract .
    Its on the BT sport site but some read free BT Sport as free with no obligations .

Simply renew your broadband contract for another year and you'll keep getting our three BT Sport channels for Free.
  • VisionMan
    VisionMan Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Indeed JJ.

If in BB contract its 'free' (included). Not in contract its pay for. Which isn't an unreasonable stance.*

*And one doesn't even have to in contract for BT TV, its in contract for BT BB only.
  • Babbawah
    Babbawah Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    So what you're saying is that BT Sport isn't actually free !

Makes me glad that I didn't fall for that one and sign up with 'em :-}
  • VisionMan
    VisionMan Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Babbawah wrote: »
    So what you're saying is that BT Sport isn't actually free !

Makes me glad that I didn't fall for that one and sign up with 'em :-}

Did you think 'free' meant 'free' as in a 'freebie' for all? Don't be daft.
  • honey10
    honey10 Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's also 'free' with Virgin...

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their colour, choosing your socks by their character would make no sense and choosing your friends by their colour would be unthinkable"
    “He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.” -Confucius
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OP, you are always 'in contract', but at present you are out of minimum term and so on 30 days notice. Without a contract, you wouldn't have a service. To get BT Sport free, you need to renew your minimum term, which is 12 months. Seems crystal clear to me.
    Why do you think this service is hyped as 'free'? It's purely a bait to keep you subscribed to BT's overpriced broadband, so it's always going to have a 12 or 18m minimum term on it.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport