Problem with Royal Mail Airsure

2»

Comments

• George_Michael
    George_Michael Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    ahh George,still holding that hatred for me in

No hatred Custardy (how could I hate you when I don't even know you?).
    It's just that whenever someone has a problem with a Royal mail service, you always seem to automatically assume that RM are blameless and try to place the blame on the customer. As in this case, you assumed (wrongly) that the customer had made a mistake and not put a return address on their package.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    poor_child wrote: »
    Thank you all for comments and help.

Called RM today (with a much cooler approach!) and spoke to a nice man called Karl, He said that the reason his system gave him for the parcel not being delivered is "not an Airsure country" - which obviously is incorrect as Airsure does cover USA. So he was very sorry and didn't understand why.

Anyhow, RM have opened up the parcel at Belfast, noticed my receipt enclosed from Reiss and have now sent the parcel to Reiss. Nightmare!

They don't think a returns address was on the parcel. But it certainly was cos I recall buying a sharpie pen just to specifically insert returns addres!!! I don't post abroad that often but send tons of stuff around UK and always use returns address.

So I've called Reiss who were very helpful, said they will try their best to look out for it and deliver it back to me. Well I'd assume, that's all they could do given that the item (a dress) is way past it's standard 14 days return policy.

Long and short of it is: I'm truly annoyed with Royal Mail!

Compensation? :undecided

You could always suggest to the buyer that you refund them in full now and when you get the item back you re invoice them and start again.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    No hatred Custardy (how could I hate you when I don't even know you?).
    It's just that whenever someone has a problem with a Royal mail service, you always seem to automatically assume that RM are blameless and try to place the blame on the customer. As in this case, you assumed (wrongly) that the customer had made a mistake and not put a return address on their package.

go digging through my posts
    you will see that is simply not the case
    now it seems you are always looking to pull me up on my posts at any chance you get
  • poor_child
    poor_child Posts: 34 Forumite
    soolin wrote: »
    You could always suggest to the buyer that you refund them in full now and when you get the item back you re invoice them and start again.

That option was most suited for me. Already offered that when I first understood it was missing, But Buyer willing to hold out for a few weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure