Extending our house without extending ourselves beyond our means

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Well I've decided not to go. Thanks for popping by Bob and yes I will have closure without going. I've spent much of the last couple of weeks over thinking what other people would think of me if I did or didn't go, which is just madness. I'll go through my own process of closure on the episode. I cancelled my room this morning.

Not a great night with the girls last night at bedtime so I feeling drained this morning as it was a long session! I making up for it with home made waffles and coffee :D

Need o look at best price for a fleabay sale. It was 0.07kg over meaning instead of 2.85 it would be £14 :eek: I'm confused as I posted the exact same product a couple of weeks ago and it was less than 2kg. If I can get it somewhere today I will.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You sound like you have really thought it all through. As you rightly say grief is no one elses business.
    Sorry about the rough night too. Hope tonight is better.
    Home made waffles. Yum. Never made them is it hard?
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    You sound like you have really thought it all through. As you rightly say grief is no one elses business.
    Sorry about the rough night too. Hope tonight is better.
    Home made waffles. Yum. Never made them is it hard?

Thanks Bob no not hard for the waffles but I do have a maker :o in my defence it's both a toasties maker and waffle maker and the plates pop out and go in DW. Like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cuisinart-Sandwich-Waffle-Maker-Silver/dp/B00OBDMEYC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473621850&sr=8-1&keywords=cuisinart+2+in+1

We got our for about £40 on offer in c0stc0. It's repaid up many times in the year we have had it both on the waffle and toastie front :D it's amazing how little filling you really need in a toastie and waffle mix costs us about 50p for all of us :D we use Jamie's recipie

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/eggs-recipes/brilliant-breakfast-waffles/

Another week started, let's see what it brings :D
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Sounds a good investment. Have a good week.

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Loving catching up. The waffle maker sounds great! Very envious. But given all our other kitchen gadgets think I'd need to pass on that one and just be drooling from afar!

Your Bay of E and FB sales are excellent. We find it hard to find much now to sell - house has been raided so many times. Everything is tending towards the CS instead so doesn't help finances but does clear house a little.
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Evening all :waves:

Today has been productive :D managed to write a paper that I'd been procrastinating over for a few weeks, only took me an hour :o

Went to visit lady about presents. I was her first visitor in her new studio. Her stuff is amazing. 7 presents (for specific people) and 2 stashed for gift box later I was very happy. Very reasonable prices for unique work supporting local work too. This is her work:

http://www.helenrhodes.com/summer-dreams-products

I'm about 60% of Christmas done after today. Only 2 birthdays left for this year to get and have ideas for both :D

£6.64 from cashback split two ways

Managed a run too:eek: is what my thighs were screaming but felt so much better afterwards, must not leave it so long ;)
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Not much to report today, I wondering how it is only Tuesday ;) however, tomorrow involves a meeting north but with someone who used to work for me and over the years we have become friends and are similar in many ways so we will have a catch up too. Work will also pay for my lunch and we've decided to have one final bbq of the season for tea. We have stuff in freezer from previous ones that didn't get used :D

Sold an item on a pre loved brand FB page. Lady paid straight away so posted this morning :D only 2 more days before pay day. Wow, long time coming. Also our TV subscription deal has ended (I know :o) so I called them. Have me a really poor offer so I said I'd think about it. Seriously considering cancelling, but I'm trying to balance out that v not really going out. May do some research tonight for alternatives.
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Thanks Lego mum. I got a decent deal with then 12 months ago, but now that's finished the jump is huge.

I need to investigate pr1me some more as we were getting in on a family deal from my sister but then they write and said we couldn't get it through the to anymore and had to buy a stick and so we stopped (just watch it on the pad for DH) but not ideal for the smalls. Thanks for info on Netf1ix will investigate.
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Not much saving gone on as last day before payday tomorrow. BUT as it's the start of the new FY at work I get to start my new spreadsheet tab - I'm such a geek :o

Talked to OH about TV and we've made a decision, so progress there. Looked at n3tfl1x but then got some spam payment e-mails to my accounts looking like I signed up (when I hadn't), which is a bit worrying.

Out with friend tonight, £3 spend as we only buy one round of soft drinks each :) Been about 6 months since we last managed to do it, so not exactly frivolous. Plus were swapping coats for our girls, my largest for her smallest and her smallest for my smallest - that's definitely MS :money:

batch cooked meal for tea and swiped a portion of spag bol to freezer for a work lunch before it disappeared ;) Managed 3 loads dried outside today including our bedding - likely to be last outside dry of the year for it, unless we do ok for next few weeks, we'll see.

Went to look for a bed today as ours likely needs replacing - there is far too much choice and cost variety :eek: Won't do anything just yet - but part of me things if we are going to move the bed, it would be a good time to decorate and re-carpet as it's on our to do list anyway but was more likely to be this time next year :eek: Would just be blank walls and inexpensive carpet but even so. Need to think about it.

looking forward to big money shuffle tomorrow, shame I have to go to work and it might need to be delayed to the evening ;)
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Hiya
    Have to recommend Dreams beds. We bought 3 (1 left at flat for tenant) 2 for our house, between 2007 & 2009. Not cheap at £1,000 a pop but they are so comfortable and all still going strong. Cost per year of use becomes pretty cheap.
    Bob

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure