Internet Telephony: Completely Free Calls Worldwide Article Discussion Area

Comments

• Does anyone have information, good or otherwise, about Jajah.com? Is it really free between people who have registered? How does it compare with VOIPCHEAP.COM? Thank you in advance.
  • Stick to VoIPCheap, Barbara in France. I've tried most and, frankly, I haven't found anything else cheaper or more reliable. The 10Euro calling credit requirement is the only downside because, in my case, I struggle to use this up within the 90 day validity.

Bill
    Does anyone have information, good or otherwise, about Jajah.com? Is it really free between people who have registered? How does it compare with VOIPCHEAP.COM? Thank you in advance.
  • Hi folks over the last couple of days have noticed and on visiting their site voipcheap no longer offer free uk calls.
    When you make a call it gives you the rate compared to skype?
    So no more freebies
  • frugalwise wrote:
    Hi folks over the last couple of days have noticed and on visiting their site voipcheap no longer offer free uk calls.
    When you make a call it gives you the rate compared to skype?
    So no more freebies

Already posted here :

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=76146&page=6
  • Hi there,

Does anyone know if i can use a tesco internet phone without having to be on the tesco service? I would like the cheap phone, but just want to use skype, not be limited to those who have a tesco phone too.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Sagar
  • Sagar_Fuzz wrote:
    Hi there,

Does anyone know if i can use a tesco internet phone without having to be on the tesco service? I would like the cheap phone, but just want to use skype, not be limited to those who have a tesco phone too.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Sagar

In most cases a standard Internet USB phone will work with any VoIP service. Windows should automatically detect and install the phone and then you will need to adjust settings on Skype... go to Tools; Options; Sound Devices. Left-click the down arrow on both Audio In and Audio Out and set it to your USB phone. Click Save and all should be well.

Regards
  • Hi I have just discovered https://www.jajah.com which is an internet based telephoney system. after registering free you can call all UK landlines for 0.015 pence per minute and other jajah users totally free. The main difference is that you don't need to download any software and you only use the website to make the connection. This is done by entering your own number and the number of the person you are calling and then the system will ring you on your landline and connect direct - phone to phone. It is really good and all the better for being FREE.

Happy ringing
    Mike Woodward
  • sachsboy wrote:
    Hi I have just discovered https://www.jajah.com which is an internet based telephoney system. after registering free you can call all UK landlines for 0.015 pence per minute and other jajah users totally free. The main difference is that you don't need to download any software and you only use the website to make the connection. This is done by entering your own number and the number of the person you are calling and then the system will ring you on your landline and connect direct - phone to phone. It is really good and all the better for being FREE.

Happy ringing
    Mike Woodward

I can't see how 0.015 pence per minute is free!

Regards
  • Hi guys,

Just to let you know we've just been gathering info about Jajah now and it'll be added to the article shortly.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    wlcnetwork wrote:
    I can't see how 0.015 pence per minute is free!

Regards
    It's not, but it's VERY cheap. But it's NOT.

In fact, it's too-good-to-be-true cheap because THE REAL COST is £0.015 (1½p per minute) not £0.0015 (0.015p). Because they cleverly leave out the currency symbol on their website, it's an easy mistake to make.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure