Chinese Phone Advice

My current sony Xperia z3 compact is falling to pieces. Looking to buy a replacement. Been looking at chinese phones. Mainly Cubot h2 because of battery life.

Does anyone have any experience of these phones or recommend anything else? Looking for a good battery.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Xiaomi is a brand I've seen alot on HUKD, as well as Ulefone.I don't have experience myself though.

Good luck with the search and let us know what phone you have decided to go for. It's a shame they aren't available via other websites eg Amazon other than sites like Aliexpress and Gearbest.
  • Some are on Amazon, thats where i am looking to buy. Just want to be sure before i purchase. Heard of ulefone as well.
  • warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    What sort of prices are you looking at?
    Pants
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,281
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    You tend not to get android updates to these unless things have changed
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Atasas
    Atasas Posts: 753 Forumite
    edited 31 May 2016 at 8:00AM
    Updates are useless in 99% of cases.
    Depending who's and which rom is intalled, but there are loads of great makes.
    Ie Lenovo are produced in the same factory as some of Samsung models. Cubot already mentioned, DooGee and others, basically name means ever so little and they are produced to near same quality and specifications.
    http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/mobile-phone/20-best-chinese-phones-2016-uk-3616945/
    Start here ;)
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,865
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I can recommended the XIAOMI Redmi Note 3 Pro.

My lads working in HK and bought one a month back. The best phone he's ever had, he tells me (and he's had LOTS!).
    Currently on Gearbest for £159.68
  • warehouse wrote: »
    What sort of prices are you looking at?

somewhere between £100-150.
  • I tried a Lenovo Vibe 3 - was a nice phone but the software was a mix of EU and Chinese Android.

I couldn't get Android Pay to work as Google couldn't verify the version of Android and I also couldn't change the launcher from the default one.

Not sure I would get another Chinese phone again unless it was a UK release.
  • Atasas
    Atasas Posts: 753 Forumite
    http://m.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_263490.html?utm_source=Criteo&utm_medium=CPCUK&utm_campaign=Displayads&vip=81406
    Easyest to deal with, cheapest, no mods required to have full google.uk instalation.
  • warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Fasty1983 wrote: »
    somewhere between £100-150.

Well for £115 down at Argos you can buy a brand new Vodafone Smart 6 Ultra and get it unlocked via ebay for less than £2. I did exactly that last week and having a cracking Android phone for peanuts.
    Pants
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport