Host Parties and possibly get free themed party packs and possibly free products

Comments

• m1kjm
    m1kjm Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'm being paid to trial the Lumea at the moment and I think you'll find that it's going to be more of an unhygienic, torture party than a pamper party! There's a rotating, vibrating pumice stone on the end of something resembling a vibrator and it will leave your face burning and bright red. I personally wouldn't want pictures of my red face on the internet after using it. Please make sure you use the sensitive head and not the normal head which is more like something I'd use on my feet. Plus your dead skin gets clogged in the end of it so I think it's really unhygienic to pass it round the room to share with everyone. Anyway, I'm sure you'll have lots of laughs over the device and a fun party.
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Is it the visapure youre trialling m1kjm...I thought the lumea was the hair removal system...comeround usually put a few bits and pieces in the packs as additions to help the party folk along....so it will be interesting what they include with the 2 gadgets.
    Last year at the ironing party we were treated to a new philips iron and ironing board and packets of ready mix cocktails...never thought ironing could be so much fun!!

Hope you are getting a fair wage for your trial!!
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • m1kjm
    Yes, you're right, I've looked at the box again and my particular torture device isn't the Philips Lumea, it's the Philips Lara, that's currently burning my face for £40. The things we do for freebies and cash! I'm sure your Philips devices will be much less hurty than mine!
  • m1kjm
    I thought I'd better just mention (because I don't want you to think that I'm jealous) but I have done a couple of these parties - Sharwoods and Jamie Oliver - and I'm not applying to do any more because I found them really hard despite the freebies involved. I personally found it awkward to invite people round with a view to flaunting my freebies at them, you have to ask people to have their photos taken with the freebies and they're posted on the internet and not everybody is happy with that idea, and you have to pin people down to definitely coming because if they don't then you're under the threat that you have to send the goodies back. I personally found the whole concept too stressful imho.
  • LEJC
    Have to say I understand your reservations....and I think that the concept isn't for everyone...This will be my 4th one having done the sharwoods,philips iron and most recently the world baking day...which was actually quite nice because it was sitting down and decorating home made cakes....and as a result we discovered my teenage son actually enjoys baking and has carried on!

I think I've a trusted bunch of friends and family who love me dearly and to the best of their abilities love a get together....although Even I have to admit we do take some photos that obscure the identity as we arnt the most photogenic bunch...

• I applied for the Phillips one but clearly didn't get it. Oh well, would have been nice to get the lumea.
  • Lorka
    Lorka Posts: 16 Forumite
    Hi,
    I have been accepted for the Philips party and invited all my guests who have all confirmed. Do you hear anything else from them via email after this or is it nearer the time for the party that you get more info?
    Thanks. :D
  • LEJC
    about a week before the party they usually send you the box of goodies...If I remember rightly they also send tou an email to confirm its on its way....

The box will contain all the goodies and some instructions and guidelines for hosting the party and also details of the competion that you and the guests can enter for supplying the best photos etc...or at least thats the format the other parties ive done have taken

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,890 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    New Party available

As a subscriber to our mailing list, we said we'd let you know about forthcoming Come Round parties.
    We're thrilled to announce our first ever in-store parties in association with French Connection.
    On Wednesday 18 September 2013, we will be giving people all over the UK the chance to be part of private French Connection Sketch To Store Style Challenge parties.
    Lucky hosts will get to invite four friends to their nearest French Connection store to take part in our official Sketch To Store Style Challenge. You and your friends will get exclusive evening access to French Connection's latest collection in store, along with an exciting one-night-only discount. Our French Connection revellers will get to style and model their very own photo shoot using the most current products; in the hopes of being crowned the ‘Most Stylish’ and winning some great French Connection prizes.

If you, or someone you know would like to apply to be part of an official French Connection Sketch to Store Style Challenge party on Wednesday 18 September, then cick here and sign up now!

Please note: This will be a private after-hours event on Wednesday 18 September, and the French Connection stores will only be open to selected hosts and their guests.

All the best
    Katie
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • carla40
    carla40 Posts: 1,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i've been invited to host a PES 2014 (playstation game), my son is excited :beer:
    wins so far:- absolutely nothing, not even an arguement:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport