~Avon Hints & Tips (Part 8) ~ Please read first post :)

Comments

• lozza1985
    lozza1985 Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    Got the new storm bag today (coming out in c15), I ordered it from HT. I love it, it's gorgeous, a big bag but not too big, I look daft with massive bags as I'm petite but this is fab! :D
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • Chazolate
    Chazolate Posts: 167 Forumite
    Still havn't got my bits missing from my order. I phoned Avon again as I ordered them on the 10th by phone and they said there was nothing on there to say it had been done! On the same date there is something saying order correction by phone and 'prepared,' so I assumed this was what it was. It was actually an exchage I'd put through online, as I had a faulty product.

So I have know idea what the person who I spoke to last week, (who said they would most probably be here Friday) was on about!

This means that my customer is now going to have to wait another 5-7working days! The 7th working day will be the same date as my next delivery. I told my customer on the 10th that it would be there in 5-7days (last Friday) :(. I have to go collect her book tomorrow and I have no idea what to say or if I should text her now.
    M May11 55886.81
  • lozza1985 wrote: »
    Got the new storm bag today (coming out in c15), I ordered it from HT. I love it, it's gorgeous, a big bag but not too big, I look daft with massive bags as I'm petite but this is fab! :D

I bought that too and love it :)
  • Thanks for the new thread Lozza! :j

Just a reminder, there are price changes for HT16 - http://www.avon.uk.com/REPSuite/static/downloads/Hello_Tomorrow_16_Price_Changes.pdf

I just spent half an hour looking for this, and in the end I found it on the previous thread....posted by myself :o
    :heart: I have this theory that chocolate slows down the ageing process.... It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance? :heart:
  • lozza1985
    edited 22 August 2011 at 9:15PM
    I couldn't get any of the HT links, not even the price changes for some reason! But is fine today on my phone so I'll try and add the price change link.
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • lozza1985
    Can't add the link on my phone but I'll do it soon x
  • I,_Geek
    I,_Geek Posts: 831 Forumite
    HT links - are all unavailable now, even the ones we can order from right now (depending on mailplan/trendsetter). The argument from Avon was that the online versions were never meant to be seen by reps - they're early ones with typos etc... but then even the final printed brochures end up with those!

Deciding to drop a customer for the first time - I'm almost at 90 customers gained from territory and this is the first time I've had to drop one because they're so unreliable! I considered it with one person but we got back on track after I gave them a second chance, plus they'd proved they could be reliable before the "blip". However this other customer's on their first order/delivery and I've tried 4 times (all dates and times agreed in advance) to get the order to them. One time she agreed to collect from me and didn't show up. It's not that I'm going out of my way (distance-wise) - I've called when I've been doing other Avoning in the area. It's just the fact I can't rely on what they say.
    I used to have my Avon turnover (sales) here. They've been removed because it's not appropriate to talk about those kinds of sales as if they're realistic for a new Rep to aim for. :( I signed up at the right time, right place, and was very lucky.
  • pink-lady
    pink-lady Posts: 309 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    piknie47 wrote: »
    Just recently joined Avon and starting to get my head around it a bit more. My 2nd order is due tomorrow and I'm glad I qualify for the £148 level commission as I didn't get anything on my 1st order. I wasn't really ready to do the 1st order, but did it anyway, and now with hindsight, I should have waited because that was just dead money. Well too late now and in reality, it was probably better to just get started.

The above info is really helpful and I'm glad you clarified that we didn't need to read 'all' the threads. You had me very worried for a moment! These forums are invaluable and although it does take time to read them, I feel that the time invested is very worthwhile.

Thanks to everyone who contributes.

I'm new to Avon too! I've just got my 1st order together which I will be putting through later today. I only had a week to get started so it's not a big order but will be around £75.
    The lady (SL) that called round last week to get me registered rang me to check if I wanted a territory, I said yes but not too sure if anyone else is doing my area (don't want to step on anybody's toes!). Anyway she said she'd ring me back when she'd found out but I've not heard anything since! My order is mainly from family & friends.

This thread is really interesting although I've not had time to read everything yet.

Thanks for everyones input and any help and advice would be great!

Thanks everyone x
  • Mineral Make up
    Is there anyone who can comment on the Avon smooth minerals powder foundation products in comparison to the Bare minerals? Other that the large price difference!
  • I,_Geek
    I,_Geek Posts: 831 Forumite
    pink-lady wrote: »
    I only had a week to get started so it's not a big order but will be around £75.

Have you ordered brochures/brochure bags etc yet? If not, they'll take you over £78 so you're earning some money.

If your total order is now at £75 (after adding on brochures and whatnot), add some extra items on to take you over £78. Either a treat for yourself or things you think will be popular with customers, or some samples or something to demo at the door (e.g. a perfume to spray).
    pink-lady wrote: »
    The lady (SL) that called round last week to get me registered rang me to check if I wanted a territory, I said yes but not too sure if anyone else is doing my area (don't want to step on anybody's toes!).

Too much time may have passed since you signed up for your SL to allocate you territory themselves. They'll be trying to contact the ASM, who's the only person who can assign streets after the sign-up. Contact your SL and ask if you can have the ASM's details - they'll come in handy in general and saves you having to go through your SL. ASM's can be difficult to get in touch with and your SL has other things to do, whereas you can ring them as often as you like until you get a response.

The way territory works (in theory ;) ) is that a street is either free or it's not. If you're given a street to work nobody else should be actively canvassing it. You might come across a rep who used to do the street and still has some customers, or people here and there served by different reps. Both of those situations are fine, but if it becomes clear another rep is still canvassing (i.e. trying to gain new customers) there's been a mix-up on the computer system or a misunderstanding on the part of the other rep (thinking Avon's a free-for-all when it's not). If you think another rep is still canvassing a street allocated to you, contact your ASM with the other rep's name and hopefully a phone number.
    I used to have my Avon turnover (sales) here. They've been removed because it's not appropriate to talk about those kinds of sales as if they're realistic for a new Rep to aim for. :( I signed up at the right time, right place, and was very lucky.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure