Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Bought from an online retailer purely because they do next day delivery and the next day is the only time someone will be available for delivery.

Call the retailer to place the order because I know delivery is difficult at my address due to security gates and a complex buzzer system. Retailer speaks to Yodel (ex-DHL part) for the order and instruct them to call me to gain access to the property.

I have to go out unexpectedly the next day so call the depot at 9am, they say they will send a message to the driver giving the wifes mobile as she will be in all day.

10:58 failed delivery message with online tracker, no calls made to either phone. 11:10 get through to the depot who try to call the driver but cant get through so say they left a message instructing the driver to redelivery and to call the depot to confirm instructions.

4pm still no call so call the depot again. They call the driver again. They say the driver has both the telephone numbers, is doing the last collections and will then redeliver. ETA for delivery 6pm ish

6:38pm Tracking updates to returned to depot. Call depot at 6:40 told that the driver probably didnt have telephone numbers. Then said about other messages and woman says her 3 colleagues had probably not done what they had said.

Offered before 11am delivery. Explain reason for paying for next day was to get it the next day not the day after because wife is going on holiday and I am out for long hours with work. I say that they can deliver before 8:30am or after 7:30pm as their website state 7-9 deliveries. She laughs, says their website lies too! 9:30 is the earliest to my area and 6pm the latest.

I tell them to return the item to the retailer as it will be 2 weeks before the next time someone can wait in all day. She says ok.

Next morning? 8:30 - parcel out for delivery.

Can a company get any more incompetent?

Does anyone know the email structure for their senior management team? firstname.lastname@yodel.co.uk bounces.

Comments

• arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Contact the retailer and get them to recall the parcel.

The retailer is their customer, not you so they would get a better service.
  • arcon5 wrote: »
    Contact the retailer and get them to recall the parcel.

The retailer is their customer, not you so they would get a better service.
    I have called the retailer who are intending on speaking to their account manager with Yodel as their SLAs with DHL/ Yodel were that late deliveries were available contrary to what the depot is saying and so they will insist that they do a late night delivery today.

Still want to escalate within Yodel as the last time I had similar issues with them (prior to becoming Yodel) an email to their CEO got the parcel delivered by the depot manager (different depot) at 9:30pm that same day. Unfortunately post merger the CEO has changed and the obvious email for the new one doesnt work.
  • whitelabel
    whitelabel Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    ive had shocking service via yodel too.

After waiting in all day I called them and they called the driver to be told was told that the driver couldnt get access.
    I have cctv and was at the property all the time so knew that was a lie. I called them and told them so and strangly 10 minutes later the driver turned up and denied saying he couldnt get access. I called the retailer who checked their tracking system and it stated unable to get access too. I escalated it and the retailer (eurocarparts) was taking it up with yodel as they were not happy at all.

avoid them at all costs (yodel that is)
  • For others reference.... [FONT=&quot]elaine.boyle@yodel.co.uk [/FONT]works for getting through to the Customer Service Director [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
  • I've always had great service from Yodel - probably the only part of shopping online from Littlewoods that functions properly IMHO.
  • I want to thank you for posting that email address. I've been searching everywhere for a way of contacting this bunch of jokers. Their online complaints form is appalling! It has a max of 200 characters and you need to put lots of info in. No good if you want a really good rant! I have made a formal complaint and will be taking it further with some of their customers. It would put me off ordering online from a company that I know uses Yodel. For other people who are interested PC World and Boden both use Yodel and I will not be ordering online again with them because of this.
  • The Home Delivery Network have rebranded into Yodel so no massive surprise that they cant get instructions right..

http://www.hdnl.co.uk/
    Home Delivery Network and its trading companies are pleased to announce that their combined businesses have come together under a single brand ‘Yodel’. The new brand aims to challenge the delivery market with an absolute focus on the customer. The Yodel business will deliver a market leading offer for both the business to business and business to consumer markets.
    Yodel redefines the delivery industry by putting the customer at heart of the business and intends to take a market leading position in every sector from retail, pharmaceuticals and telecoms to financial services. By providing a wide range of services with the capability to deliver anything from a small packet to a sofa in the UK and abroad, Yodel will deliver flexibility and choice that doesn’t currently exist in the market.
    Jonathan Smith, Yodel CEO said:
    “We are delighted to be unveiling this new brand, which represents our ambitions to be a truly customer focused business offering a full suite of services that others in the market cannot match. The combined business is already growing faster than the market and we are excited about our future potential.”
    Yodel has already proved attractive to clients from all sectors with over 100 new clients starting in the last two months alone, of which over 12 generate in excess of £1m per annum.
    Sleazy wrote: »
    I like RainbowFairyDust .....

RFD for president .... Ra! Ra! Ra! :j

Undergrad degree - completed 2018
    Masters degree - completed 2019
  • Yodel are completely useless but the customer relations number is 0845 408 5410 (picked up quickly when I called).
  • kyazdani
    kyazdani Posts: 33 Forumite
    Terrible company! They have gone and delivered my new hard drive to someone else. They aren't even my neighbours. I called Yodel and they said that they're not supposed to do this as I'm not their customer, but they would find out who the delivery driver was and contact them. Turns out not only does the delivery driver not leave a note to say who he's left the parcel with they don't even inform their own people who the driver was that day! They are a useless company and I would urge anyone to use anyone else! Say what you like about Royal Mail, for me they at least tell you they've been and where to collect from!
  • isplumm
    isplumm Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    kyazdani wrote: »
    Terrible company! They have gone and delivered my new hard drive to someone else. They aren't even my neighbours. I called Yodel and they said that they're not supposed to do this as I'm not their customer, but they would find out who the delivery driver was and contact them. Turns out not only does the delivery driver not leave a note to say who he's left the parcel with they don't even inform their own people who the driver was that day! They are a useless company and I would urge anyone to use anyone else! Say what you like about Royal Mail, for me they at least tell you they've been and where to collect from!

Hi .... don't waste your time with Yodel ... call the retailer & get them to sort .... that is who your contract is with!

Mark
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure