Muchin's diary of recover; becoming debt free and being happy

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hi all

There is a severe storm blowing outside and I'm not really ready to head out into it. I think a strong coffee is called for :coffee:.

NSK challenge

SFDs: 2/20
    Food budget: £x/£140
    Brand downshift: 0/5
    Foodbank: £0/£3
    Exercise sessions: 0/15
    Outings: 0/£50
    LTW: 1/16 (on leave part of Jan:))

I'm going out with the girls tonight for a belated birthday drink. I think one of the girls is going to drive so at least I save the price of a taxi.

I do need to pop to shops today but I think I can squeeze in another NSD and shop tomorrow.

My back starting to feel better and I'm thinking about going to my exercise class but I'm not sure in case it aggravates it but I will know when I wake up tomorrow:)

On the health front I'm going back to the structured eating plan. It gets frustrating as I want to be "normal" and then a blip hits me where I have mini binges and it unsettles me. I've decided to go back to the drawing board with structured eating (3 meals, 3 snacks - no more than 3 hours apart). I am being a bit flexible in that what I eat will depend on my hunger.

• Munchin
    Forumite
    Morning all,

I had a great night at my friends last night. We were supposed to head out to the pub but various friends bailed because of sick kids etc. I was happy to stay in at my friends and buy wine & pizza:). Spends were reduced which brilliant - total cost for night out/in £18.60.

I popped to Asda for a few essentials and I stuck to my list. I also only took out enough money to cover the list so that I wouldn't spend more and I didn't do my usual "it doesn't matter, stick it on the card":).

Pilates starts back today but my back is still sore so I'm going to leave my exercise regime until Monday. I miss it:(

NSK challenge

SFDs: 2/20
    Food budget: £20.75/£140
    Brand downshift: 1/5
    Outings: 18.60/£50
    LTW: 2/16 (on leave part of Jan:))

Spends budget

Purse (2) - £5.00

Diesel................£78.73/£220
    Food - ..............£20.75/£140
    Entertainment - .£18.60/£85
    Exercise - .........£xx/£50
    Gifts - ..............£xx/£30
    Beauty - ..........£xx/£20

Total - .............£118.08/£545

Alcohol days... 1/16
    SFD...............2/20
  • Munchin
    Forumite
    Hi

This is just a calculation for me and I'm recording it here. I'm hopefully getting my new job in the next few months and I was working out what my increase in pay should be (after tax). I worked out that I pay out 25.75% of my total salary on tax etc

I think my pay increase will be £249 (after tax) per month:T . I so hope I have worked that out right.
  • Munchin
    Forumite
    Hi all

I've missed a few days and the diaries move that fast:).

I've been quite good on the spending front, I managed an NSD on Sat:D but I spent money on Sunday on dinner and then popped to Asda today £9.

I forgot I had to go to the dentist this morning so that was £21.23 but at least I had nothing wrong and I don't have to go back for another 6 months.

Spends budget

Food - ..............£29.41/£140
    Entertainment - .£40/£85

Total - .............£148.14/£545

Alcohol days... 2/16
    SFD...............4/20

NSK challenge

SFDs: 4/20
    Food budget: £29.41/£140
    Outings: 40/£50
    LTW: 3/16 (on leave part of Jan:))

• Munchin
    Forumite
    Hi again

Just a wee note to myself - I'm struggling with binge eating at night at the moment. It doesn't happen every day but its still there and I keep hoping it will go away -

Plan
    • create healthy meal plans for the following day (include treats);
    • try to catch whatever thought occurred prior to feeling the urge to binge;
    • distract myself;
    • avoid binge triggers - I can't have chocolate in the house - just buy enough for that day;
    • if the meal isn't satisfying don't eat it;
    • eat smaller portions but more often;
    • no more phrases "I'll start tomorrow";
    • stick to the eating routine;
    • get more sleep;
    • Keep healthy snacks and tea about;
    • record on here!!!
    I hope to be back here tomorrow night to say that it is day 1 binge free:).
  • Munchin
    Forumite
    Evening all,

I know it's only 8.25 but I've made it through my worst time for binge eating:). I'm sitting here having a hot chocolate and am pleased.

I did a few things differently this evening and maybe that helped. I would usually come home from work and throw on my slob gear and then read diaries and play around on the computer. Tonight I still put on the slob gear but I tidied my room, did a wee bit of ironing, chatted to my sis, had my dinner and did the dishes. I then read a bit of a novel. I know that my therapist said that keeping busy is a coping mechanism for me but at least for now I've made it through Day 1:D.

I was also thinking about how far I've come in the last few years -
    • I've cleared my debts:T,
    • I've stopped purging;
    • I've cut out an awful lot of those impulse purchases (ok not 100% but hey ho handbags are my downfall:o).
    About 3 years ago I was at my lowest with the bulimia and I thought I had a mental illness and maybe couldn't be fixed but I did it:). The debt slaying business was achieved with support of all the peeps on this thread - thank you. So I don't see why I can't sort out this final bingeing problem.

I had another NSD today and an AFD - go me:rotfl:.

• Munchin wrote: »
    I hope to be back here tomorrow night to say that it is day 1 binge free :)
    Munchin wrote: »
    Evening all,

I know it's only 8.25 but I've made it through my worst time for binge eating:). I'm sitting here having a hot chocolate and am pleased.

...........at least for now I've made it through Day 1:D.

..........So I don't see why I can't sort out this final bingeing problem.

I had another NSD today and an AFD - go me:rotfl:.

And so you have :T It's all moving in the right direction.

And yes - go you with your NSD & AFD :T

Good to hear your positivity Munchin :D

Greying
    Pounds for Panes £2,300/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend March £247.85/215  Charity Blankets completed 1/24
    Grocery spend April £7.39/215
    Non-food household spend April £12.94
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10
  • Munchin
    Forumite
    Hi Greying - thank you for popping by:D and I'm another one who loves to plan holidays way in advance and get the best deals:).

Day 2 done and dusted:) but I will keep a wee tally in my signature. I find that even though I ate my dinner later today (7pm) I was still looking at the clock for my hot chocolate at 8pm.

On the budget front I have to amend them a wee bit. I had to pay a car parking ticket today (which I can claim back) however I only had £10 note on me and the silly machine gave me 4 x £2 coins back. I can't spend £2 coins they have to go into my savings pot:). So I'm down £10 because of the £2 coins and the car park.

Spends budget

Food - ..............£29.41/£130
    Entertainment - £40/£85

Total - .............£148.14/£535

Alcohol days... 5/16
    SFD...............5/20

NSK challenge

SFDs: 5/20
    Food budget: £29.41/£140
    Outings: 40/£50
    LTW: 4/16 (on leave part of Jan
    )
  • Munchin
    Forumite
    Hi all

I've been out spending today:o but it was necessary...ish:D. I hurt my back last Monday and even though it's over a week later it was still sore. I made an appointment with this alternative massage guy who is very good and I saw him this morning. It was £40 well spent - which has reduced my exercise budget to £10 - oh dear.

I popped into Sainsbugs for liquid gold £50:eek: but that should do me to next Friday. I then popped into their main shop and bought a roast chicken which will do our lunch today and tomorrow as well as dinner this evening. I also a bought a few other things (see didn't stick to my list:o) and it came to just over £11. I hardly redeem my nectar points but I did today and my final shop came to £4.20:D.

I also noticed something else on my eating front (every day is a school day:)) - I had my breakfast and only had a small snack as I was busy. Just before 12 I thought I'm hungry but it wasn't lunch time & even though I drank water I was still hungry. I then had a small snack - I didn't binge or panic. I have been so stuck in my rigid rules for such a very very long time that I've just recognised how much I've denied my bodies natural instincts. Ok it's only day 3 and I know this is nothing new to most people but it is new to me:D.

Spends budget

Diesel................£128.73/£220
    Food - ..............£33.61/£130
    Entertainment - £40/£85
    Exercise - .........£40/£50

Total - .............£242.34/£535

Alcohol days... 5/16
    SFD...............5/20
  • Munchin
    Forumite
    Hi all,

I'm just using this wee space to work out the costs of a holiday in Sept. I'm pretty sure we are going to Turkey again :D but to a totally different part for a change.

I'm just putting down some ideas for travel - we're really limited on flights out of Belfast and I've just checked Dublin and they aren't looking too good but it's early days. Last year we went for 10 days but I don't see that option with the airlines so far.

Thomas cook flights

Belfast to Turkey flights only - 2 weeks = Total £721.96 for 2 (includes extra leg room as I was never so close to freaking out on a flight before but I almost did the last time I flew Thomas Cook).

Accommodation (B&B)

Hotel - £693.70

Airport Parking

£52.49 but I usually find a 10% voucher

Insurance

£14

and then you add in the old spending money.

Total = £1481.85 / 2 = £740.92

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport