PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Comments

• First thoughts...You still have a little decluttering to do. The photo of the kitchen makes it look very narrow (I get that its a galley kitchen). The front door is lovely. The pastel and black are a bit incongruous - I might go cream throws on the sofas just for viewings. The pink in the first room is VERY pink (I can't talk, we have a bedroom that colour.)

eta pic 10. Why?!
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    What is a mid-garden terrace? Never heard that term before.

The pink is a bit OTT and the first room image seems to show a room with no clear focus on its purpose.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    This it?
    I don't think the OP wanted to give a link that could be found by searching... :)
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • ProDave
    ProDave Posts: 3,720 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    tootiemac wrote: »
    Hi All,
    We've been on the market a week today and i know its early but We've had 0 viewings and its making me sad!
    We're in Scotland and the lower end of the pricing.
    Keeping the house tidy for nothing is driving me nuts!

Sit tight. Properties at the lower end of the market up here have been selling reasonably well. My "issue" with my own house is it as the other end of the spectrum, the sort of house that those selling up in the South would have been queuing up to buy a few years ago, but there are very few of those buyers looking here at the moment, and not many locals can afford a house like ours.
  • chrissie83
    chrissie83 Posts: 90 Forumite
    edited 15 March 2017 at 5:44PM
    Yes thas it. I didn't want to post the link as I don't want it to come up in searches. Could you remove it please?

Thank you to everyone who has commented on it. All points I've said to hubby that he doesn't agree with. The front room is very pink. I have little girls, it's their play room, it needs re painting & making into a dinning room again.
    Pic 10 is that the park? The ea wanted to include it & said it would be a selling point as the yard is small but that is outside the back gate

& I have no idea what a mid garden terrace is :) I will ask them that
  • hazyjo wrote: »
    I don't think the OP wanted to give a link that could be found by searching... :)

So sorry Chrissie. I have deleted the post.
  • Yes but it isn't clear that its a park and there is a very large building to the left. Maybe a better shot?
  • ProDave wrote: »
    Sit tight. Properties at the lower end of the market up here have been selling reasonably well. My "issue" with my own house is it as the other end of the spectrum, the sort of house that those selling up in the South would have been queuing up to buy a few years ago, but there are very few of those buyers looking here at the moment, and not many locals can afford a house like ours.

Same problem here.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    chrissie83 wrote: »
    Yes thas it. I didn't want to post the link as I don't want it to come up in searches. Could you remove it please?

Thank you to everyone who has commented on it. All points I've said to hubby that he doesn't agree with. The front room is very pink. I have little girls, it's their play room, it needs re painting & making into a dinning room again.
    Pic 10 is that the park? The ea wanted to include it & said it would be a selling point as the yard is small but that is outside the back gate

& I have no idea what a mid garden terrace is :) I will ask them that

If you're going to redecorate/rearrange the front room, I'd turn that back into the lounge and make the pink/blue room the dining room, I'm assuming that room is next to the kitchen (didn't look at floorplan). You need to present it how stupid people would expect to use it, as loads of people can't imagine how they would live in a property if it's presented in a non-conventional way. Most people will use the front room as a lounge and the back room next to the kitchen as a dining room.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• chrissie83
    chrissie83 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Thank you smallholdingsister :)
    I will maybe get rid of the park picture or make it clear in the description.
    Slinky- I was thinking of swapping rooms, but, the furniture is too big to do that. I am going to re instate the dining room though & declutter more.
    Thank you for all your help
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure