Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Snowman Long Sleeve Bodysuit £2.00 @ Tesco direct (Free C&C)
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/snowman-long-sleeve-bodysuit-2-tesco-direct-free-c-c-2529969
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    mhoc wrote: »
    Just starting to make another list :D

This week I meet up with 2 people who I meet up with once a month - more acquaintances than actual friends.
    I used to get through this ordeal with very little hassle, enough topics of conversation between the 3 of us.
    The issue is that now both ladies travel into town on the bus together (one lady cant get her lift anymore) so by the time we meet up those 2 have caught up on everything they have done over the month as its quite a long bus trip for them.
    So now I am the entire centre of attention :eek: and I am the basis of all conversation starters :eek:

I get asked questions about the family which is fine except one lady has no children and one has an almost delinquent son so whatever i say about my gang comes out like a parental boast so I have to steer it away from what my 3 have been doing or not doing
    Similarly with the next holiday, i can tell them what ports we are doing and what excursions we are thinking of but again it sounds like blowing your own trumpets :) (we dont do the same sort of holidays, one has a static caravan and the other has business trips or very drunken holidays in sunshine resorts :) )

so far the list is looking very desperate so any suggestions would be greatly received :)

putting the heating on and the cost of coal
    flu jabs and the cost of vitamin c + zinc tablets
    health issues, OH health, doctors apps, waiting for results etc
    cats jabs and eating habits
    Marks - sales, Sparks cards
    winter coats

I think you need to go into absolute boasting about your children (which you have the right to be very proud about) and your holidays (which are extra special), they will soon change the conversation!
    If anyone's having a bad day I hope this cheers you up. It does contain a LOT of swears though! I find road rage compilations oddly calming :rotfl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOjUL8LwUsE

Flip some of the people in the cars recording the foul language are poor drivers..... you should hear me in my car... everything but the C word
    is this low cal cos my derriere could be doing with it monsieur portage ;)

Your bum is perfect!
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 17 October 2016 at 8:42PM
    Evening all :wave:

I'm on the hip diet. Whats that you may ask. Well its having loads of hipp organic pouches :D

I got the idea when we had the Up&go offer a while back and someone said that they had one for breakfast and didn't feel hungry till the evening. So I tried that and lost some weight.

So thought I would try it with the hipp pouches and mullers and seems Ive lost a bit more and don't feel hungry.
    Nice cheap experiment gone right I guess :T

Only problem is those hipp pouches do make you go to the loo a lot. :o Perhaps that's why I've lost some weight :rotfl:

Took mum to t's this morning (to get more hipp of course) and she wanted to walk round pushing a trolley. I could see she was in lots of pain, so suggested we got a wheelchair. All I could see were these trolleys that have a big seat at the front facing the person pushing the trolley. Don't know if they are for adults or for big kids. But got one for mum, who was mortified at first, but soon got use to it and liked it. Was great she was facing me too as I'm severely hard of hearing, was easier to communicate with her by being able to lip read her. Also easier to position her near the shelves, so she can see the goods easier. :T
    Trying to find a pix of one to show OH but haven't found one yet. Will have to take a photo of her next time in the trolley :)
  • I can't stop giggling now thinking of mrsmac looking startled :rotfl:

Anyway, the 350gm chicken breast joints in Waities are in 3-£10, PYO and £1.50 cb on greenjinn.

Is it only one claim on GJ?

SnS
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    omg back to edit my post

I just had to go back and read what the edit was....oh his hand ;)
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • bubbs
    gocat wrote: »
    Evening all :wave:

I'm on the hip diet. Whats that you may ask. Well its having loads of hipp organic pouches :D

I got the idea when we had the Up&go offer a while back and someone said that they had one for breakfast and didn't feel hungry till the evening. So I tried that and lost some weight.

So thought I would try it with the hipp pouches and mullers and seems Ive lost a bit more and don't feel hungry.
    Nice cheap experiment gone right I guess :T

Only problem is those hipp pouches do make you go to the loo a lot. :o Perhaps that's why I've lost some weight :rotfl:

Took mum to t's this morning (to get more hipp of course) and she wanted to walk round pushing a trolley. I could see she was in lots of pain, so suggested we got a wheelchair. All I could see was this trolleys that have a big seat at the front facing the person pushing the trolley. Don't know if they are for adults or for big kids. But got one for mum, who was mortified at first, but soon got use to it and liked it. Was great she was facing me too as I'm severely hard of hearing, was easier to communicate with her by being able to lip read her. Also easier to position her near the shelves, so she can see the goods easier. :T
    Trying to find a pix of one to show OH but haven't found one yet. Will have to take a photo of her next time in the trolley :)
    I am sure they are for kids:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: but if it worked:eek::eek:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    I can't stop giggling now thinking of mrsmac looking startled :rotfl:

Anyway, the 350gm chicken breast joints in Waities are in 3-£10, PYO and £1.50 cb on greenjinn.

Is it only one claim on GJ?

SnS

Where do you get jinn from? I cant find it:o
  • bubbs
    Just quickly as think it will stretch th page like this?dsc01578.jpg
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    Bubbs, it's for iPhones etc only. Go to the app store. I've downloaded it but it won't send me a verification email. :(
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    Just quickly as think it will stretch th page like this?dsc01578.jpg

Didn't stretch the page for me...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income