The Compers Inn (part 47)

Options

Comments

• wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well after the horrid weather yesterday it's been glorious today! Thankfully no damage our way.

Fire**fly, the mobile printer I saw was on fb on David Wolfe page. I'm not sure how I got to his page but there's lots of interesting posts on it. Not sure if he is famous or not! :D Hope you manage to sort out your captchas problem, I saw lots of posts on fb about it too. I haven't had any yet.

Sheils, sorry to hear about your uncle xx Hope your parents get back from Benidorm for funeral.

I love reading all the stories on slogan comps! You don't see many of them nowadays! Welcome mcculloch too :wave: and that's great about the amazon reviews :)

Alfie, I loved your slogan too :T great thinking! Bring back all the slogan comps I say!

Hope you enjoyed the dog sitting Rose :) Hopefully that icy weather has cleared up for you.

Did you enjoy the museum Leanfun? Glad the weather was sunny for you, I hate going anywhere when it's freezing!

Hope you get to catch up on some sleep Sylvia and I hope you got yourself something nice in Leeds shopping :)

Is sons girlfriend settled in her job now indie?

My DD1 is having her very first sleepover tonight with college friends :) She is so relaxed with them it's so lovely to see. She has however been having episodes again similar to mild seizures but her consultant thinks it's the tablets and they are going to monitor it.
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    day-saturday.gif

good morning all :wave:

we're back to the rain & gusty wind here this morning
    hope it's a bit nicer for you all where you are,

hope the family enjoyed their day out at the
    museum leanfun x

thanks for info re printer wingo :D

hope everyone's keeping warm & safe & you all have
    a nice day whatever your plans 586.gif
    x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• 3forholidays
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

Rather wet here at the moment. :(

Wingo Mobile printer sounds interesting - printers are rather big and bulky. Hope DD1 sleepover went well.

Enjoy the weekend whatever you are up to. :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    1686271856-96427-Good-Morning-.gif

Wet and windy here, dreadful through the night - can't believe I slept ok!
    Uncle's funeral is on 8th so parent's will be back and DS3 will be here too. We haven't anything booked until 19th so no problems with attending. DD has big day at Uni that she can't miss but she didn't really know uncle very well anyway.

Hope your DD had a nice sleepover wingo and they can sort her tablets out.

Have a lovely weekend everyone and be lucky!

sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • theluckofthedraw
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Glad everyone survived 'Doris' it was wild here on the coast mainly on Thursday, took nearly an hour to get to work instead of about 15 minutes because of storm damage to various buildings and roads blocked off:mad:

Glad there have been some good wins lately, nothing here though:eek: but I have not been trying too hard. just mainly mag thread subscribed to.

Just over a week to go before baby arrives now - they are all prepared everything bought, washed, hung up, cleaned, tried and tested (monitors?) :eek:just need a baby now:rotfl:

The gadgets available nowadays is unbelievable.

i'm off next week so will keep you posted if anything develops!

speak soonxx
  • mcculloch29
    Options
    Doris didn't happen here at all. (SW County Durham.) It was windier on Tuesday, when the neighbour's empty wheelie bin got blown over.
    We had a sharp blow a few weeks back, so not getting it this time was welcome.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We didn't get Doris here in SW Scotland really either mcculloch but really windy today.

Hope it has dried up for you 3for, it has here and we managed a walk down the town. Just about got blown away though.

Saw Blackpool on the news luckofthedraw and it did look wild. Was glad we weren't there!

Did you mange to get out and feed your zoo FF?
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • AlfieBlue
    AlfieBlue Posts: 14,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    b8da6d0faf01ef86fb97e7020a1685a3.jpg

Good morning everyone :hello:

Hope you're all ok. :p It's quite a decent weather day out
    today so will be pottering around in my beloved garden
    later. :D

jardinage0.gif

What an exciting time theluckofthedraw. :T :dance: Please
    keep us posted on any news! :)
    Remembered the slogan that didn't win anything but perhaps should have. The prize was a stereo video system, linked with a promotion of a WW II film on the US Air Force and the story of an aircraft - it will come back to me what the title was.

Anyway, I wanted the stereo video system as 'I find mono plain.'

Oh! That's a brilliant slogan mcculloch29 - catchy and well
    thought out and ties in so well with the film etc. :T Such a
    shame you didn't win using it!

I found that it was quite hard to know exactly what the
    promoters were looking for .... I couldn't believe the 'chosen'
    winning slogans half the time .... ho hum! :p

Hope your DD1 had a brilliant sleepover last night wingo -
    it's wonderful how she has found so much confidence now. :T
    Thankfully consultants are monitoring the episodes and meds
    can be changed if need be. :A

Well, time for a cuppa me thinks. Have a lovely and lucky
    day all - take care. smileys-coffee-571508.gif

Alfie xxx navet.gif
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    edited 25 February 2017 at 1:44PM
    Options
    Cheers AlfieBlue, I knew the title of the film would come back to me and it did - it was the early 1990s 'Memphis Belle'.

I agree about not knowing what the promoters were looking for in a slogan, the number of times a "chestnut" won something major was beyond belief!

It's blowy here, so no garden pottering but the first daffodil is fully open in the flowerbed underneath my near floor to near ceiling lounge window.:D
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rainy_day_here_.gif

Rainy day here but did manage to pop out for some shopping and a cuppa. Had a lovely time in Leeds yesterday with DD2 & GD. Went into my favourite shop Superdry which is where I desperatey love their coats but the largest they do is equivelant to a size 16 and the coat I am wearing is a 20. Saw a fab one and thought I would see how close I was to fitting into it and was amazed. I got it on and fastened it up so just need a little bit more off so I could wear a Jumper under. Even more amazed when DD got it for me as a goal to work for.

Glad you have all survived to storm OK.

Hope your DD gets here meds sorted out Wingo as she seems to be doing so well at Collegs.

I am not good at slogans MCC, hope its OK to call you that as by the time I check and come back to the page I would probably not get it right LOL. Well don on all your wins anyway, shame there are not so many now.

Do keep up posted re new arrivan luckof the draw and hope all goes well.

Hi everyone else, keep safe.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family