Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Comments

• Has anyone eaten at the nine fine Irishmen in NY NY ? I was wondering if it was worth using my vagas points for the $25 would that get us a drink and a snack for 2 ?
    Shady pines ma, shady pines
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    queengoth wrote: »
    Has anyone eaten at the nine fine Irishmen in NY NY ? I was wondering if it was worth using my vagas points for the $25 would that get us a drink and a snack for 2 ?

Drinks are around $7-$8 for beers. The appetisers are shareable for a snack. We got a coupon for $35 when we redeemed the 2 for 1 entree.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    The queues for checking in are very long here - a tip for you (hope it works) ask your cab driver to take you to the North entrance then instead of taking the escalator up to the main entrance take a right turn and there is a small check in desk there - we were on our way to our room in 10 minutes.

(You then go up the escalator and feel smug about the long queue you are now bypassing!)

Hope everything goes well for you.

I have stayed at Luxor once and had no problem at check in, pretty much straight in

the only hotel where we have had to wait any length of time is the Flamingo
  • queengoth
    queengoth Posts: 135 Forumite
    Thank you, looks like that offer is the better value then
    Shady pines ma, shady pines
  • Yay! I'm really excited to stay there for first time!

I'll make sure I do a good trip report in April, you'll have to let me know if there's anything you want to know :)

Thank you - will look forward to it :) At the moment all I'd really like to know is about takeaway coffee options for the morning. I like nipping down to get one then heading back to the room to drink it but a wee bit concerned that that might take forever in such a massive resort. First world problems haha!

Be interested to see how you think it compares to Vdara - that's by far the nicest Vegas hotel we've stayed in so far
    "Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now"

MFW: Mortgage Cleared!!! 14 1/2 years early :D
  • The queues for checking in are very long here - a tip for you (hope it works) ask your cab driver to take you to the North entrance then instead of taking the escalator up to the main entrance take a right turn and there is a small check in desk there - we were on our way to our room in 10 minutes.

(You then go up the escalator and feel smug about the long queue you are now bypassing!)

Hope everything goes well for you.

Thanks for the Tip :D

We managed to book our grand canyon tour Wednesday night, we have been pricing and comparing them for weeks. We finally decided on The Grand celebration Tour with Papillion Helicopters. Scared but excited!
  • Thank you - will look forward to it :) At the moment all I'd really like to know is about takeaway coffee options for the morning. I like nipping down to get one then heading back to the room to drink it but a wee bit concerned that that might take forever in such a massive resort. First world problems haha!

Be interested to see how you think it compares to Vdara - that's by far the nicest Vegas hotel we've stayed in so far

Sounds like we're very similar! Me and Mrs SM, whoever wakes first, usually pops across to Jean Philippe at Aria for a takeaway coffee and a pastry... Or if we're both up, will wander over and eat in, with a couple of dollars going in the slots ;)
  • dontone wrote: »
    My ambition of getting an handpay has yet to be fufilled. I'll try again next time :D

Ooh, it's exciting. And when it's done they give you some paperwork with some kind of ID number so your "next hand pay" will be done a lot quicker. Then you get some more paperwork sent through the post a few months later from the IRS, which depresses you and makes you want to book another Vegas holiday. I think they do it on purpose. :D
    Egg Loan - [strike]£4921.84[/strike] £0!! :j Barclaycard - £3866.47 Legal + Trade - [strike]£2700.96[/strike] £0!! :j Triton - [strike]£1730.89[/strike] £0!! :j Next - [STRIKE]£776.15[/STRIKE] £126.88 Littlewoods - [strike]£217.16[/strike] £0!! :j Housemate - [strike]£1300[/strike] £0!! :j Capital One - [STRIKE]£1652.51[/STRIKE] £1,081.58 Vanquis - [strike]£2337.75[/strike] £375.58
    A Payment A Day - £379.02 to Egg.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,520 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    haha, ah yes good ol' EDC! and hopefully not much of that crowd will stay at Palazzo either, so it'll remain relatively calm :)
    Don't you believe it. Palazzo is one of the major rendezvous points for the EDC crowd. Saw more of them in there than anywhere else.

I loved it when we stayed there during the EDC, the vib, the clothes (or lack of) going for a run at 7am and seeing the pavements full of youngsters coming home from events.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Misty_Blue wrote: »
    Ooh, it's exciting. And when it's done they give you some paperwork with some kind of ID number so your "next hand pay" will be done a lot quicker. Then you get some more paperwork sent through the post a few months later from the IRS, which depresses you and makes you want to book another Vegas holiday. I think they do it on purpose. :D

Do you have to pay taxes on it then if you get something from the IRS? I've seen videos on tube of you where they say that they don't want a handpay, but will gladly take $2499 in winnings.
    I'm not sure how it works. I still want one though :D
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport