CSA1 Case closed for 5yrs but now REOPENED!

Comments

• Marisco
    Marisco Posts: 42,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    But why are you trying to squirm out of paying CM? You should be paying CM until your child leaves school or college. I can sympathise with anyone about the amount of payment, as sometimes it can cause the NRP real hardship, but to try and get out of paying anything, is well out of order!!! Just cough up and stop whinging!!!
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    infant2801 wrote: »
    Yes, my solicitor investigated about REMO before I 'left' the UK, it was infact her who advised me of thr procedure:

"Inform the CSA of your forwarding address in a country not compliant with the UK REMO, then she cannot go through the courts for child maentenance".
    God you are the creme de la creme of a deadbeat dad.

Lie after lie, and you wonder why no one has an ounce of sympathy for you. Just out of interest where was your "homeland", you know when you and your partner removed your name off the deeds to your love nest.

DUTR: Note three house sales ;) His single pad, the partner's pad and now the love nest as he apparently isn't habitually resident in the UK ;)
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • infant2801
    infant2801 Posts: 75 Forumite
    kelloggs36 wrote: »
    If you weren't living together at the time, then no, but every assessment carried out since then can be reassessed using their details. It doesn't mean that your assessment would necessarily change, as partner's income is not used to work out what you should pay, only if you can afford to pay it.

Kellogs: Oh thank you I have just noticed this reply, I knew I was right.

We were not living together at the time of asssessment, it was 2months after/later her property was sold and she moved in. I thought she might have to contribute to the housing costs of £734.00pm as were were earning nearly the same and no children.

I always had to pay more that the maintenance required amount, so if they saw partners wages as well.

The next assessment was 6yrs later and thats when I give new rented address details.
  • infant2801
    DX2 wrote: »
    God you are the creme de la creme of a deadbeat dad.

Lie after lie, and you wonder why no one has an ounce of sympathy for you. Just out of interest where was your "homeland", you know when you and your partner removed your name off the deeds to your love nest.

DUTR: Note three house sales ;) His single pad, the partner's pad and now the love nest as he apparently isn't habitually resident in the UK ;)

My homeland is the carribean. I was always planning, when I retired, going to spend 6mths home (during UK winter) and 6mths back here. This situation just meant I had to do it a bit earlier, whilst keeping to the 3mth timescales legally.

I obviously had to give up my 40yrs continuous employment but was only working to pay all this maintenance.

No only 2 house sales: mine and then my partners.

We still have our property together here in UK, but took my name from the deeds only. We are considering selling it right now actually just in case..
  • infant2801
    Marisco wrote: »
    But why are you trying to squirm out of paying CM? You should be paying CM until your child leaves school or college. I can sympathise with anyone about the amount of payment, as sometimes it can cause the NRP real hardship, but to try and get out of paying anything, is well out of order!!! Just cough up and stop whinging!!!

No I always paid on time every time - £25,000 in 6 years - she got greedy and got the biggest shock ever!

Ask any NRP who is receiving £10pw maintenance for the next 19 years.....what would they rather have that or 6yrs at £25,000? Anybody would jump at it.
  • DX2
    No I always paid on time every time - £25,000 in 6 years - she got greedy and got the biggest shock ever!

Ask any NRP who is receiving £10pw maintenance for the next 19 years.....what would they rather have that or 6yrs at £25,000? Anybody would jump at it.
    God you are a tool! why the hell would a NRP get maintenance.
    *SIGH*
  • mrsspendalot
    mrsspendalot Posts: 3,238 Forumite

I assume you mean ask any PWC .....

..... I think most PWCs would rather have a fair assessment based on true facts about their NRPs income and circumstances. Sometimes that means as PWCs we get a low assessment, such as nil or £5 per week, sometimes it means we get £50 a week. As long as that is an amount based on a correctly carried out assessment, there is no argument.

Put the shoe on the other foot here; supposing you had overpaid maintenance and you found out after a few years you had been paying too much, and it was a rather substantial amount. Would you not want to be reimbursed the extra or have your payments lowered to compensate for the fact you had paid too much? Or would you be happy to sit back and say to the CSA that you were glad you had paid more all those years, and you weren't interested in having the money back? I reckon most NRPs would fight for their money back, and again, quite rightly so in a lot of cases as NRPs should only ever be held liable for making payments based on a fair and accurate assessment.
    Olympic Countdown Challenge #145 ~ DFW Nerd #389 ~ Debt Free Date: [STRIKE]December 2015[/STRIKE] September 2015

:j BabySpendalot arrived 26/6/11 :j
  • DX2
    I obviously had to give up my 40yrs continuous employment but was only working to pay all this maintenance.
    Did you not think there could be a chance of baby when you were dropping your drawers behind your partners' back?
    My heart bleeds for you.
    *SIGH*
  • kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Kellogs: Oh thank you I have just noticed this reply, I knew I was right.

We were not living together at the time of asssessment, it was 2months after/later her property was sold and she moved in. I thought she might have to contribute to the housing costs of £734.00pm as were were earning nearly the same and no children. Unless the PWC specifically applied for a departure on the grounds that your partner could contribute towards housing costs, it would not have happened.

I always had to pay more that the maintenance required amount, so if they saw partners wages as well. the assessment would have remained the same.

The next assessment was 6yrs later and thats when I give new rented address details.

Did you live at the rented address? If not, then they can rightly go back and change this assessment as it was based on false information.
  • Marisco
    Marisco Posts: 42,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post

So you paid £86pw for 6 years? If you thought that was too much, you should have asked the CSA for a reassessment based on what you were earning. Instead of ducking and diving and trying to squirm your way out of paying anything, write to them, with payslips etc, and they will deduct 15% of your earnings. With bits and bobs reductions for overnights etc. Which I might add, is a dammed sight fairer than when my oh was paying on CSA1!! Then your eyes really would have watered!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure