Yet more financial faux pas and many other disasterous decisions

Options

Comments

• Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hugs Moo, it's never easy making that decision. Saying goodbye and the heartache is the price you pay for loving, cold comfort I know xxxx
    moo2moo wrote: »
    Feeling like a heartless biatch. The dying aunt is finally dead and I feel nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zip. Am actually looking forward to the funeral as an excuse to have a day off work and catch up with a few people I haven't seen in ages. However the thought of bumping off the geriatric old dear is reducing me to a gibbering wreck. Took her for our usual walk today she stumbled and wibbled so I know the time is right (even if she did then take off at warp speed to chase a bunny). Suppose the hardest part of caring for anyone is knowing when to say enoughs enough.

Will be glad when tomorrow is over.

I think Bitsy beans just about nailed it there.

Sending you hugs & heartfelt thoughts for tomorrow, I think you can only console yourself (& DD's) with the knowledge that you cared for her & did your best.
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So sorry to hear that you have two hard things to deal with in one day. I guess we know when it is the right time for humans to pass out of our lives, but it never seems to be the right time for a pet. My OH doesn't get this at all about what a pet can mean to a person emotionally.

chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • missrlr
    missrlr Posts: 2,192 Forumite
    Options
    Oh my want a horrid juncture of life, love nd hugs you are with out doubt making the right decision. Remember the happy times and the mad daft things that made you scream in frustration before laughing and crying with the old dear. You have the memories forever
    Start info Dec11 :eek:
    H@lifax [STRIKE]£13813.45[/STRIKE] paid Sep14 paid 23 months early :T
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£206400[/STRIKE] :eek: £199750 Mortgage £112500
    B@rclays £[STRIKE]25000[/STRIKE] paid 4 years 5 months early. S@ntander £[STRIKE]9300[/STRIKE] paid 2 years 2 months early
    2013 8lb lost 2014 need to lose 14lb. Lost 4 so far!;)
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The emotional rollercoaster led to the unleashing of the spending elves in a moderately reckless manner. As a result the OH is taking the DDs to his mothers for most of half term whilst I fit in 30 hours at work and paint the kitchen which means a lot of degreasing and much hole filling is required first. Booked ferry tickets using the freebies we got from the photo shoot and then went on to blow all my Tesco Clubcard points on a Family Railcard and numerous tickets to local attractions to fill their time whilst there.

Not content with that we decided that this year was the year to fork out for Pony Camp. All £220 of it plus exam fees (thats after a multichild discount) and we still have to supply our own tent. Still well worth it as far as they are concerned. Decided it wasn't worth waiting to find out when the friend in France is getting married since the likelihood of using flying out for a weekend wedding is slim to non-existant. Nice as it would be to be there the logistics and the grand or so its looking like costing make it most unlikely.

OH is finishing work super early so I don't have to do the heinous deed on my own, although I'm surprisingly Ok about it. At the moment. Most disppointed when she woke up this morning though. Still hoping she'll go of her own accord even though I know thats extremely unlikely.

Have almost finished the hideous jumper. Only another inch of hood to go before I can figure out how to cast off with a darning needle whilst not casting off at all. Has to be the most confusing instructoin ever. Much YouTubing is required me thinks.

The stripey coat is also progressing (hence the slow going jumper) which means negligable amounts of housework is being done. Keeping up with the washing and the ironing but thats about it. Need to give myself a kick up the bum.

On a muchly more positive note Januarys E-bay profit was a rather spectacular £137.42p and knittery spends (after sales) of £17.81 with £14 of orders still to knit. Either way for the fun I've had from it a fiver a week for a hobby I enjoy really ain't bad.
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
  • thrifty_fifty
    Options
    Hugs for today Moo. All your friends will be thinking of you. xx

M&S £2878.22/ Natwest £3526/ Loan £405/ [STRIKE]Sofa £0[/STRIKE]/ [STRIKE]Ring £0[/STRIKE]/
    Savings £12.04
    NSD 3/10 :cool:
    Total £6915.88

• Knitting_Nora
    Options
    moo2moo wrote: »
    The emotional rollercoaster led to the unleashing of the spending elves in a moderately reckless manner.

If you'll excuse a bit of language, !!!!!!!! to it. Whatever makes you feel better at the mo. You've spent wisely, and in a way which benefits your entire family - so good for you and the spending elves.
    OH is finishing work super early so I don't have to do the heinous deed on my own, although I'm surprisingly Ok about it. At the moment. Most disppointed when she woke up this morning though. Still hoping she'll go of her own accord even though I know thats extremely unlikely.
    :grouphug::coffee:
    negligable amounts of housework is being done. Keeping up with the washing and the ironing but thats about it. Need to give myself a kick up the bum.
    *ahem* may I refer you back to the '!!!!!!!!' section of my earlier response...:D
    On a muchly more positive note Januarys E-bay profit was a rather spectacular £137.42p and knittery spends (after sales) of £17.81 with £14 of orders still to knit. Either way for the fun I've had from it a fiver a week for a hobby I enjoy really ain't bad.

Darn tootin'.
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hugs moo, be thinking of you xxx
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • peaceandfreedom
    Options
    Just wanted to add my hugs to everyone else's, tough day. :(
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Hugs to you and all your family.

Hope today goes as well as it can do :(
  • alibob30
    alibob30 Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    Have no idea how to properly word this but I hope that the vets goes as well as it possibly can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure