Energy Care Group UK Limited Anyone Heard Of?

:confused:
I am looking for any advice and knowledge of the above company and hope that someone can help me out! I am very sceptical for some reason on letting these guys do cavity wall insulation on my new home ( we have just moved in! ). However my husband insists that all is ok but I am not so sure. We have been quoted £199 and work will be done for cavity wall and loft insulation.
I just feel there is something there that I should cancel the job, not sure what but cannot find anything from these guys on the net?
Also the letter we have received doesnt look professional...... although they are a registered company I have my doubts. Anyone out there who can settle my nerves? They dont even have a web page just an email address! We found these guys through a local newspaper and my husband rang for a quote HELP! I dont know what to do!

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Ring your local council and ask their advice on recommended firms.

There are a lot of subsidised deals out there, and a lot of cowboys. Even so £199 for cavity wall insulation and loft insulation seems very cheap - unless you are over 70.

Are you sure your house hasn't got cavity insulation already? or cavity walls
  • Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Contact your local Energy Saving Trust advice centre on 0800 512 012. They are open from 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday. They will put you in touch with recommended local suppliers. Their may even be EU cash for a cheaper/free installation.
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Hi Kem...routing your enquiry through an organisation such as EST or any individual come to that ,will result in extra costs.
    Unless the recommendation includes a refund guarantee, then it's commission by another name.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Ken68 wrote: »
    Hi Kem...routing your enquiry through an organisation such as EST or any individual come to that ,will result in extra costs.
    Unless the recommendation includes a refund guarantee, then it's commission by another name.

Ken,
    EST are a Non profit Government funded organisation that offers free impartial advice - they don't get commission.

http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    It's still extra costs whether in an increased training grant to EST and/or trader accreditation charges.
    Let the market decide. Word of mouth is the best way.
    What I look for are scare tactics, and some are well wrapped. Protection rackets.
    These empire building quangoes could teach Al Capone a thing or two.
  • mma
    mma Posts: 53 Forumite
    Hello I've just been looking at Energy Care for Cavity Wall Insulation - they do have a website: energycare .org .uk (without the spaces - am fairly new so not allowed to post links) and are currently featuring an offer of £99 - has anyone used them? are they any good? Other installers are tending to do cavity wall ins. for £199
  • kidd78
    kidd78 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Just got a survey today by them for a cavity wall insulation and my house being 134 m2 qualified for the £99 offer. Apparently they get money from the gas and electricity company your with, I kept asking if there is more extra money to be paid by myself but the guy said no just leave a £50 deposit and the rest on completion.
    I hope this is the real deal and there isnt any backlash from the electricity + gas company.
    Just found this on my gas and electricity website so it sounds pretty real.

w w w.atlanticenergytips.co.uk/save-more.aspx

I keep you guys in tabs when the job is done.
  • Just wondering also if anyone has used this company previously - must say for £99 each for cavity wall and loft insulation does indeed sound cheap.

kidd78 - have you had your's done yet????
  • Im having my cavity wall insulation booked in on the 17th so see how it goes.
  • Thanks Kidd78 - will be interested to hear your experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure