Best Place to Buy Euros

Does anyone know who is offering the best exchange rate on buying euros or any comparison sites which would enable me to find out?

Thankyou

Comments

• gkf
    gkf Posts: 404 Forumite
    Marks and Spencer?
  • kjh_gemini
    kjh_gemini Posts: 70
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Not long exchanged some euros myself, and M&S offered the best deal on the High St (same with $ as well)
  • to get hold of your euros from m and s, do you just go into any of their high street branches (i.e. clothes/food) and ask if they will exchange your (say) £100 for the equivalent in euros?
  • kjh_gemini
    kjh_gemini Posts: 70
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Our branch of M&S has a bureau de change, it is quite a large store though so i'm not sure if every branch has one.

As long as you dont need vast quantites of currency in one go, they can change it for you there and then.
  • gkf
    I work for M & S, they keep a good stock of the most common currencies, because our rates are so good, the bureau gets very busy. You can just turn up with cash to buy them. If you pay on your M & S card, it is the only credit card that won't charge a cash advance fee if you buy currency on it from their bureau. Providing you pay your statement balance in full each month, you can get the currency when it suits you and pay when your statement comes. Also if you have a M & S card and want more than £500 currency they will post it free of charge to you. I wouldn't buy my currency from anywhere else.
  • briona
    briona Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    I always get mine from the Post Office, where they don't charge commission but you will find that the exchange rate is slighly less than at banks [to claw back the 'no commission' I'd imagine!].

I changed £151 [approx.] a week ago and got EURO 210... not sure how that compares with current rates/exchanging them elsewhere...
    If I don't respond to your posts, it's probably because you're on my 'Ignore' list.
  • gkf
    M & S always beat the post office, might be only a tiny bit, but they are always cheaper and no commission charge there either.
  • ricflairandy
    ricflairandy Posts: 484 Forumite
    I was going to use halifax, as it was harldy any hassle with online banking as they use travelex i think./ Anyone know what m&s exchange rate is at the moment? Might give them a go if i can just go in with my debit card
    Waddle you do eh?
  • gkf
    Euro is 1.421 today.
  • hammy_the_hammer
    hammy_the_hammer Posts: 1,824 Forumite
    groundhog day ...groundhog day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing