E-on/ MSE Fixed 1 Year Collective Sept 2015 - Stay or wait?

Comments

• footyguy wrote: »
    Eon terms state that if they are advised by another supplier within 20 working days after your end date (the date on which your tariff was due to end) and the switch then occurs within 3 weeks of Eon receiving that advice, Eon will keep you on the same prices until that switch applies.

(the first part of the above is almost definitely going to occur in your case, but the second part you will have to wait and see)

I suggest you wait for the final bill, and then double check that is what they have done. If you find reason to complain at that point, then do so :)

Edit: Don't worry about exit fees - you didn't even apply to switch until after the end date
    When switching supplier, you no longer have to contact the outgoing supplier yourself - the new supplier is responsible to do that (and if they don't a switch obviously cannot possibly occur)

Excellent advice as ever footyguy. Thanks for that.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Sosumi wrote: »
    Malc,

It’s interesting to speculate on what the reaction would have been if E.ON had made the two Saver tariffs available to existing customers but with an Early Exit Fee (for leaving their present tariff) to recoup the £30 per energy (£60 for dual-energy) commission that it has to pay the comparison site.

Many of those who wanted to remain with E.ON might have been content to pay that and those who weren’t would at least have been given the option.

What has really angered existing E.ON customers is being excluded entirely from applying for one of these two tariffs.

(And, as one who's only just entering the third month of a 2-Year E.ON fix, with no desire to surrender it, that's an objective view. :cool: )

Did you, incidentally, feed back my observation that when SSE pulled this nasty stroke on its existing customers last month, nobody seemed to complain but that when E.ON did it there were howls of protest? Which shows that SSE customers were not surprised that SSE had done the dirty on them but that E.ON’s customers held E.ON in higher regard and were hurt as well as furious and disillusioned.

You didn't acknowledge it...

Hello Sosumi and yes, I did feed this back as part of last week's report about Forum reaction to our new tariffs. Sorry it wasn't acknowledged. This was on a different thread but Helena passed it on to me along with others from the same thread.

I'm going to include your post today on this week's report too. As well as the point you raised last week, there's some more interesting stuff on this post.

Thanks Sosumi.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Coedy
    Coedy Posts: 49 Forumite
    edited 20 September 2016 at 8:54PM
    Well, it seems EON are going the route of Orange (whom I've not touched again in over 11 years for their repeated bending over of loyal customers.)...

My first ever switch was to EON on the MSE deal, loved the fact advisors were on the forum, were quick to respond to emails, quick to answer calls and had a great website. I was even more than prepared to pay a little more than the MSE fix to stay with them due to their level of service. Unfortunately, £15 more a month isn't worth it to me, not to mention I would find it a bitter pill to swallow knowing that someone else who hasn't already given a years worth of profits to EON is actually getting a better deal than me with the same supplier.

Malc, how do I go about closing my 'Your Say' account with EON? I don't fancy passing on customer research anymore :D seems they dont value customers opinions anyway. (though I do appreciate you and the other advisors arent the one's responsible and would like to congratulate you all on putting yourselves in the firing line in this difficult time :) - Malc & Co for CEO??? :money:)
    Also, do I have to chase for any credit on my account when I start the switch away from EON? or is it sorted out automatically?

Mind you the MSE CEC switch appears to be rubbish... Almost twice the amount for both the standing charges... only a marginal decrease on gas and a rise on electricity... some deal! :p:rotfl:
    The only flip side is the EnergyHelpline SSE deal is not far off the same (but is cheaper...- the £30 cashback), so I am currently eyeballing the two of them against eachother... Tempted to go with the EnergyHelpline fix just to show that the "Cheapest of the Cheap" (:rotfl:) fix the MSE team put together is poor in the hopes they sort out a better deal next time....
    Edit- Nevermind, Just checked my excel sheet I just knocked up and EnergyHelpline is £40 cheaper over the year for me, meaning Im £10 even after the cashback! :money:

EON, I hope to be back in the future. However, if you end up doing the same again you'll be joining my blacklist. (currently only Orange.)
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,077
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    With respect to Malc and Helena it seems E.on are more concerned signing up new customers rather than keeping their present customers happy.
  • I signed up to the Uswitch 2015 Collective switch with Eon and have been really happy as a customer. I have had several quotes for the Eon 1year v1 fix in my email to find that as a current customer it's not open to me to switch too. I really wanted to stay with Eon and was really happy but I and many friends who all switched to Eon last year have decided to switch to SSE as there deal is substantially cheaper than what Eon is currently offering to its loyal customers who are happy and would like to stay. This doesn't make sense to me why Eon would try and attract new customers whilst at the same time loosing so many of its current loyal customers. Surely it pays to keep those who are happy as well as attracting new customers. Sorry Eon, Goodbye and Hello SSE...
  • ChrisGage wrote: »
    I signed up to the Uswitch 2015 Collective switch with Eon and have been really happy as a customer. I have had several quotes for the Eon 1year v1 fix in my email to find that as a current customer it's not open to me to switch too. I really wanted to stay with Eon and was really happy but I and many friends who all switched to Eon last year have decided to switch to SSE as there deal is substantially cheaper than what Eon is currently offering to its loyal customers who are happy and would like to stay. This doesn't make sense to me why Eon would try and attract new customers whilst at the same time loosing so many of its current loyal customers. Surely it pays to keep those who are happy as well as attracting new customers. Sorry Eon, Goodbye and Hello SSE...

Yep, I'm leaving too. I've been really happy with E.ON but can't justify the extra cost. I will leave the switch for a while to see if E.ON respond with a better tariff - I really hope they do.

sparkie
  • Sosumi
    Sosumi Posts: 195 Forumite

Thanks, Malc. :money:

I'm off to where the sun still shines for the rest of the month so you and :A H :A will be [STRIKE]spared[/STRIKE] deprived of further input from me for a while. :)

MABLE wrote: »

With respect to Malc and Helena it seems E.on are more concerned signing up new customers rather than keeping their present customers happy.

That’s all very well, Mable, but E.ON has to pay the comparison sites some £30 per energy (£60 for dual-energy) per switch.

If 10,000 of E.ON's own dual-energy customers apply for a cheaper E.ON deal via a comparison site, that’s £600,000 it has to fork out in commission payments just to keep them, let alone then put them on to a cheaper tariff.

Bear that in mind.

Coedy wrote: »

Well, it seems EON are going the route of Orange (whom I've not touched again in over 11 years for their repeated bending over of loyal customers.)...

My first ever switch was to EON on the MSE deal, loved the fact advisors were on the forum, were quick to respond to emails, quick to answer calls and had a great website. I was even more than prepared to pay a little more than the MSE fix to stay with them due to their level of service.

Unfortunately, £15 more a month isn't worth it to me, not to mention I would find it a bitter pill to swallow knowing that someone else who hasn't already given a years worth of profits to EON is actually getting a better deal than me with the same supplier.

Malc, how do I go about closing my 'Your Say' account with EON? I don't fancy passing on customer research anymore :D seems they dont value customers opinions anyway. (though I do appreciate you and the other advisors arent the one's responsible and would like to congratulate you all on putting yourselves in the firing line in this difficult time :) - Malc & Co for CEO??? :money:)
    Also, do I have to chase for any credit on my account when I start the switch away from EON? or is it sorted out automatically?

Mind you the MSE CEC switch appears to be rubbish... Almost twice the amount for both the standing charges... only a marginal decrease on gas and a rise on electricity... some deal! :p:rotfl:

The only flip side is the EnergyHelpline SSE deal is not far off the same (but is cheaper...- the £30 cashback), so I am currently eyeballing the two of them against eachother... Tempted to go with the EnergyHelpline fix just to show that the "Cheapest of the Cheap" (:rotfl:) fix the MSE team put together is poor in the hopes they sort out a better deal next time....

Edit- Nevermind, Just checked my excel sheet I just knocked up and EnergyHelpline is £40 cheaper over the year for me, meaning Im £10 even after the cashback! :money:

EON, I hope to be back in the future. However, if you end up doing the same again you'll be joining my blacklist. (currently only Orange.)

If you’re going to use Energy Helpline for your switch, go there via Quidco or Top Cashback and you'll get a cashback that way. :money:

ChrisGage wrote: »

I signed up to the Uswitch 2015 Collective switch with Eon and have been really happy as a customer. I have had several quotes for the Eon 1year v1 fix in my email to find that as a current customer it's not open to me to switch too. I really wanted to stay with Eon and was really happy but I and many friends who all switched to Eon last year have decided to switch to SSE as there deal is substantially cheaper than what Eon is currently offering to its loyal customers who are happy and would like to stay. This doesn't make sense to me why Eon would try and attract new customers whilst at the same time loosing so many of its current loyal customers. Surely it pays to keep those who are happy as well as attracting new customers. Sorry Eon, Goodbye and Hello SSE...

Hi, ChrisGage; welcome to the MSE forum. :hello:

Don’t be under any illusions about SSE treating its customers better than E.ON does.

The SSE 1 Year Fixed v8 deal to which you are so attracted is denied to SSE’s own existing customers and SSE went to even greater lengths than E.ON to prevent them finding out about it, including posting bare-faced lies on its website.

See HERE. (That's a link. :) )

You’d also be wise to ring SSE and ask some penetrating questions about how it applies its Early Exit Fees policy to existing customers who want to change tariffs (the ones, that is, which SSE actually permits its customers to apply for...)
  • greatgimpo
    greatgimpo Posts: 1,256 Forumite
    Sosumi wrote: »

You’d also be wise to ring SSE and ask some penetrating questions about how it applies its Early Exit Fees policy to existing customers who want to change tariffs (the ones, that is, which SSE actually permits its customers to apply for...)
    But surely that won't matter to new customers, as you can switch without penalty at the end of your new one year fix. After all, you're probably unlikely to find a significantly cheaper tariff mid-way through your fix.
  • Sun-Is-Fun
    Sun-Is-Fun Posts: 242
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 22 September 2016 at 8:21AM
    Would anyone be kind enough to answer the following: Is this SSE deal people are signing up to via a specific website or through SSE direct? Which plan is it?

I, too, am on the E.On MSE tariff at the moment and am very disappointed they haven't opened up their new tariff to existing customers otherwise I would have stayed as well.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,077
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Sosumi wrote: »

Thanks, Malc. :money:

That’s all very well, Mable, but E.ON has to pay the comparison sites some £30 per energy (£60 for dual-energy) per switch.

If 10,000 of E.ON's own dual-energy customers apply for a cheaper E.ON deal via a comparison site, that’s £600,000 it has to fork out in commission payments just to keep them, let alone then put them on to a cheaper tariff.

Bear that in mind.

Perhaps you should bear the following in mind and probably the reason why the loyal are now being ignored because they cannot afford to indulge the faithful anymore.

'Big six' energy firm E.ON to pay £3.1m for customer failings
    unquote.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family