webuyanycar.com

Comments

• Could someone tell me webuyanycars charity number?:rolleyes:

Of course they wont' be paying top values for cars, what dealer would.
  • I think that your experience with this firm will depend very much on your honesty in your disclosure during the valuation process, and the type of car you sell to them. If you don't disclose a large dent or scratch then you can expect them to find it and offer you less than originally quoted. I took my Land Rover Freelander 2 to them today, and got exactly what they quoted me for it. This was substantially more than I was quoted to sell it back to the dealer I bought it from 18 months ago. I hardly made it worthwhile selling it privately. The sales man was polite and courteous and the whole process was done in 20 minutes. The office I use was in Castle Donnington which doesn't double as a car sales showroom so they had nothing to try and sell to me. It will also depend on you not being unrealistic in your expectations of what they will give you for your car, although I got nearly 2K more than a dealer was willing to give me for it in part ex for a different new model. All in all an easy transaction and a very good price obtained! I'm now just waiting for my bank account to be credited....!
  • JMR24
    JMR24 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Their online quote gave me a price of £4850, about 5-10% lower than their competitiors, so I decided to ring up and ask if they would take account of the factory-fitted extras. They told me to take it in for a valuation, which I did (the depot was only a 5 minute walk from where I live). The guy then came back and said it's only worth £4300, which I thought was rubbish. He pointed out all of the additional damage he had found.

I got back home, and put all of the additional "damage" into their valuation tool, and it came back with a price of £4650, not including the manufacturer's fitted features pack! So they are clearly not willing to honour the prices quoted.

I sold the car last weekend to a local dealer for £5250, which I was very happy with.

In summary, only use these guys if (a) you are desperate for a quick sale and (b) won't be inconvenienced a lot by having to travel all the way back from their depot if you decide their revised offer is unacceptable (i.e. you live within a few miles).
  • bobby9205
    bobby9205 Posts: 201 Forumite
    I used these guys to my advantage, realising that I would probably never get the price they quote on there website, so I printed off there quote and went around the local car dealers with it.

The first one I found knew all about "we buy any car" and offered me £100 more than the printed quote, so I took the offer and sold to him (couldnt be bothered trawling around the rest!)

Happy days!:beer:
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    bobby9205 wrote: »

The first one I found knew all about "we buy any car" and offered me £100 more than the printed quote, so I took the offer and sold to him (couldnt be bothered trawling around the rest!)

How do you know that

(a) he didnt originally plan to give you £500 more but knew he just had to slightly better the bit of paper you gave him

(b) other dealers might have given you more?

:confused:
  • motorguy
    I think people do need to remember that webuyanycar.com will price better for cars they actually can resell. Hence 18yo jags are unlikely to interest them.

I actually was pleasantly surprised when i plugged in the details for my 535d beemer - they offered me more for it than my local BMW dealer was offering on a trade in.
  • They are a bit of a con, but ultimately you have to expect that.

I had a clapped out old banger that I just wanted rid of and was going to take to the scrappy - who might have given me about £20 for it, if anything.

I noticed the webuyanycar.com TV advert and went on their website. I stated that the engine condition was POOR and the interior was average (both factually correct) and was quoted £240 - which I thought was great. However, this is their clever marketing trick - it's all just about getting you to go down to one of their offices/showrooms.

So I arranged to take it down the next day to their office, and after an inspection was offered £110! So quite a drop! I actually took the offer on the basis I would otherwise have to go through the bother of scrapping it, so all in all, it was still a good deal. The guy that did the inspection and the paper work was perfectly friendly and not pushy at all - can't fault that.

The main thing is, if you have a really rubbish low value car then they will take it off your hands for more than you'd get elsewhere. But if you have a car that is worth more, say £5000-£8000 and thinking of trading it then avoid them like the plague - they will quote you a hugely tempting offer but then when you get there they will slash it big time. Of course the trick is you've already gone to the bother of taking the car all the way there by then, so they know many people will just take it for a hassle free, quick sell.

They are not the worst company I've known, but just be aware that no matter how honestly you describe the condition of your car on their internet site, they will NOT OFFER YOU THAT PRICE when you go there. Remember, they obviously hope to sell the car on for a profit, so don't expect a good offer for it.

The salesman basically admitted as much.
  • pgilc1 wrote: »
    I think people do need to remember that webuyanycar.com will price better for cars they actually can resell. Hence 18yo jags are unlikely to interest them.

I actually was pleasantly surprised when i plugged in the details for my 535d beemer - they offered me more for it than my local BMW dealer was offering on a trade in.

Yes, I was "pleasantly surprised" when I "plugged in the details" for my car, but the point is that is not a quote they will honour.

Did you actually take your beemer down to their office/showroom? Did they offer you the same price as came up on the screen when you entered the car's details?

There is no chance they would have done.
  • motorguy
    loftgroovv wrote: »
    Yes, I was "pleasantly surprised" when I "plugged in the details" for my car, but the point is that is not a quote they will honour.

Did you actually take your beemer down to their office/showroom? Did they offer you the same price as came up on the screen when you entered the car's details?

There is no chance they would have done.

Fair enough but theres quite a difference between the value of what was in your case a scrapper and a car they can retail.

As someone has said, they look for basis to reduce the price on the car, thus those who dont describe the car accurately will get stung badly come inspection time.

My car is totally mint - not even a stone chip, good and new front / rear tyres respectively, unmarked interior, all the right toys, the right alloys (unmarked) FBMWSH, long MOT, so i'd like to see them find justification for adjusting the price severely.

Whats interesting about your situation is that you know the car was only worth about £20 scrap, but you're still complaining when they gave you £110.
  • motorguy
    loftgroovv wrote: »
    They are a bit of a con, but ultimately you have to expect that.

I had a clapped out old banger that I just wanted rid of and was going to take to the scrappy - who might have given me about £20 for it, if anything.

I noticed the webuyanycar.com TV advert and went on their website. I stated that the engine condition was POOR and the interior was average (both factually correct) and was quoted £240 - which I thought was great. However, this is their clever marketing trick - it's all just about getting you to go down to one of their offices/showrooms.

So I arranged to take it down the next day to their office, and after an inspection was offered £110! So quite a drop! I actually took the offer on the basis I would otherwise have to go through the bother of scrapping it, so all in all, it was still a good deal. The guy that did the inspection and the paper work was perfectly friendly and not pushy at all - can't fault that.

The main thing is, if you have a really rubbish low value car then they will take it off your hands for more than you'd get elsewhere. But if you have a car that is worth more, say £5000-£8000 and thinking of trading it then avoid them like the plague - they will quote you a hugely tempting offer but then when you get there they will slash it big time. Of course the trick is you've already gone to the bother of taking the car all the way there by then, so they know many people will just take it for a hassle free, quick sell.

They are not the worst company I've known, but just be aware that no matter how honestly you describe the condition of your car on their internet site, they will NOT OFFER YOU THAT PRICE when you go there. Remember, they obviously hope to sell the car on for a profit, so don't expect a good offer for it.

The salesman basically admitted as much.

This is all "in your experience" and for what what you admit is a "scrapper"

What about the likes of this....
    Have now sold 2 7 series bmws through these guys in essex.

Reasonable price.

Payment received in 4 days by bacs transfer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure