Welcome Finance PPI Claims

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I would like to know if there is any way I can escalate this, 8 MONTHS so far!!!!

There is nowhere to escalate it to.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Jaylith
    Jaylith Posts: 35 Forumite
    Hi All,

Just an update on my claim with the Welcome Circus!!

I wrote a complaint about the bad service, long processes times, conflicting information and general mishandling/incompetence of my claim.

I addressed the complaint to:

Welcome Services Limited Customer Services Team
    Complaints Team (FSCS)
    PO Box 10950
    Sandringham House
    Harlow
    CM20 9JF

I called them today for a progress report and the advisor/agent informed me that as of yesterday a decision was made in principal that they are liable for mis selling and I am due to be compensated. The catch was the chap stated that this was not official and the details of my claim has been passed to the vetting/auditing/checking (whatever the joke of a set up is there) team to go over calculations etc of my compensation. He was vague and evasive about the decision definitely being in my favour though. Rather suspect I say.

Anyway apparently this final process takes another couple of weeks. Hopefully the resolution will be a successful outcome in my favour. Will keep you updated and I definitely recommend complaining to these clowns. That may speed up matters.

Cheers,

Jay
  • RMTOM44
    RMTOM44 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Jaylith wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just an update on my claim with the Welcome Circus!!

I wrote a complaint about the bad service, long processes times, conflicting information and general mishandling/incompetence of my claim.

I addressed the complaint to:

Welcome Services Limited Customer Services Team
    Complaints Team (FSCS)
    PO Box 10950
    Sandringham House
    Harlow
    CM20 9JF

I called them today for a progress report and the advisor/agent informed me that as of yesterday a decision was made in principal that they are liable for mis selling and I am due to be compensated. The catch was the chap stated that this was not official and the details of my claim has been passed to the vetting/auditing/checking (whatever the joke of a set up is there) team to go over calculations etc of my compensation. He was vague and evasive about the decision definitely being in my favour though. Rather suspect I say.

Anyway apparently this final process takes another couple of weeks. Hopefully the resolution will be a successful outcome in my favour. Will keep you updated and I definitely recommend complaining to these clowns. That may speed up matters.

Cheers,

Jay

Hello Jay

They seem to me to change their story all the time . My claim was 8 weeks yesterday , and they keep telling me its in final stage 5 and its now with higher management to go over the calculations to check its all correct and to be signed off

However that calculations are stage 3 ???

I find the staff very rude and unwilling to tell you very much about MY CLAIM ...

These are welcome staff through that have been employed by fcsc to help out ...

so what more do i expect . they have the rule book for being rude ..

will keep everybody updated tho

Thanks
  • Welcome Finance were and continue to be a tin pot, two dime company to which I'm not surprised they folded !

I too was foolish enough to get involved with them and am awaiting a resolution.
  • I'm not understanding why the fscs bothered to write to us to send out application forms, then they take months to deal with refunds.

surely if they are writing to us, then they are initiating the process and they must already know that the PPI at welcome finance was added to everyones policies as standard.

I had 3 loans over 10 years with welcome and never once was i told that PPI was optional.
  • RMTOM44
    RMTOM44 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Just a update on my welcome finance ppi claim .

HAD A LOVELY REFUND IN MY BANK MONDAY :j:j

Thanks everybody
  • RMTOM44 wrote: »
    Just a update on my welcome finance ppi claim .

HAD A LOVELY REFUND IN MY BANK MONDAY :j:j

Thanks everybody

aww lovely x made up for you, i know in your previous posts yours was stuck at stage 5, i sent mine off 3 weeks ago I wait with baited breath, how long did yours take??? If i may ask please.:T:T:T:T
  • Any help would be appreciated

I spoke to FSCS today and they tell me that I only have PPI on one of my loans that I took out for £750.00, however I have looked on the loan agreement which I consolidated from £750.00 to £1500.00 and it shows lifecare 24 & personal accident plan, I know that I did not ask for any of these insurances, but dont know where to go to find any other advice on it, the FSCS working on behalf of Welcome Finance have said it is not PPI but the interest is a ridiculous amount just on the insurances alone!!!

Please help!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • Hi Guys
    I received a letter from FSCS on 17 November 2011 asking if I wished to reclaim PPI from Welcome. I completed the form claiming a refund on the basis that I was told that addition of PPI would guarantee my loan. I received confirmation of receipt of my claim form on 20 November 2011 and the refund for the two loans eligible for consideration by FSCS was in my bank on 25 November 2011.

On their advice I downloaded a claim form from the Welcome website for a refund of PPI on two older loans and sent it to Welcome Complaints Dept on 12 December 2011 and again received confirmation of receipt on 20 December 2011.

I received an offer from Welcome on 20 January 2012 and have today sent my acceptance form to them for BACS payment to my bank account.

Wondered if anyone had received a refund lately and how long it took from acceptance top payment?
  • eeyorelis wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    I received a letter from FSCS on 17 November 2011 asking if I wished to reclaim PPI from Welcome. I completed the form claiming a refund on the basis that I was told that addition of PPI would guarantee my loan. I received confirmation of receipt of my claim form on 20 November 2011 and the refund for the two loans eligible for consideration by FSCS was in my bank on 25 November 2011.

On their advice I downloaded a claim form from the Welcome website for a refund of PPI on two older loans and sent it to Welcome Complaints Dept on 12 December 2011 and again received confirmation of receipt on 20 December 2011.

I received an offer from Welcome on 20 January 2012 and have today sent my acceptance form to them for BACS payment to my bank account.

Wondered if anyone had received a refund lately and how long it took from acceptance top payment?

I have just found out following a call to natwest that I can claim for missold PPI on old loans now paid off and I had an 8k loan back in 2007 with Welcome Finances but cannot find the loan paperwork anywhere! I havemoved house 3 times since then and as I paid the loan off in full early back in 2008 I dont think they would have any address info and I'm assuming thats why I havent received an app form for reclaiming charges. Who do I approach first and did they need al your account details or would the loan amount and start date and my details be sufficient for them to investigate. I'm 100 percent sure I was sold PPI with it as it was a high risk loan and they said I wouldnt be accepted without it. It's still a vivid memory now as I was in massive financial hardship at the time and struggled to find another creditor to pay off my already mounting debts. Now I'm 6 weeks due our first baby and just been made redundant so we are looking at all options to reclaim what is rightfully ours! Any advice re this would be great!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure