Royal Mail Collection Times - Where to find them?

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    For anyone in central London, on Saturday the post office near Charing Cross Station (William IV Street) is open until 530pm, and I sent something today recorded delivery to arrive Monday. Can't believe that it's the only Post Office in London which is open on Saturday afternoon though!

Hope that helps

recorded to arrive monday?
  • Little_Chicken
    Little_Chicken Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The PO at Russell Square is open till 6pm on a Saturday too.
    :grin: Save me from spending...
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2008 - £1004:T 2009 - £1139 2010 - £1260 :j 2011 - £1557 2012 - £740 :beer: No 195 Target £1k
  • nwlondoner
    nwlondoner Posts: 17 Forumite
    The PO at Russell Square is open till 6pm on a Saturday too.

Do you know if first class mail sent from this post office after lunchtime on Saturday is delivered on Monday? Or is it not collected from the post office until Monday?

Thanks in advance
  • custardy
    nwlondoner wrote: »
    Do you know if first class mail sent from this post office after lunchtime on Saturday is delivered on Monday? Or is it not collected from the post office until Monday?

Thanks in advance

if you mean this monday then no its a bank holiday
    even if its collected it depends on it hitting the mail centre and getting sorted/despatched sunday night/monday am
  • where in south london can i find a post box that is emptied late?
  • PostBoxr is my solution and I hope that it is of use to lots of people. The site uses Google Maps to find your nearest postbox. Users add their known postboxes to the database along with further details like box type, last posting times etc. But it needs your help by adding your known postboxes. It’s not that I don’t want to be a postbox spotter, but it’s an impossible task for one person to undertake.

Postboxr is and always will be FREE!

Have a look at http://www.postboxr.co.uk

Thanks
    Matt
  • d.edna
    d.edna Posts: 701 Forumite
    mattbryce wrote: »
    PostBoxr is my solution and I hope that it is of use to lots of people. The site uses Google Maps to find your nearest postbox. Users add their known postboxes to the database along with further details like box type, last posting times etc. But it needs your help by adding your known postboxes. It’s not that I don’t want to be a postbox spotter, but it’s an impossible task for one person to undertake.

Postboxr is and always will be FREE!

Have a look at http://www.postboxr.co.uk

Thanks
    Matt
    That is the worse database ever it doesn't have any mancunian post boxes on.

Oh spam is wrong boy
  • custardy
    d.edna wrote: »
    That is the worse database ever it doesn't have any mancunian post boxes on.

Oh spam is wrong boy

add the info then
  • d.edna
    d.edna Posts: 701 Forumite
    custardy wrote: »
    add the info then
    I try to and it throws up errors.

Plus for anyones interest the latest collection is in the Manchester Mail centre, with an 7:30pm/8pm collection
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure