The Last Leg.

Comments

• thegreenone
    thegreenone Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 9 March 2018 at 3:12PM
    Hi,
    It sounds as though you are doing really well.

Do you have a slow cooker that you could prep. the night before so you come home to a hot dinner and have leftovers to microwave for a hot lunch the next day?

Secondly, and I have no affiliation to this company other than being a longstanding customer (MSE pls delete if inappropriate) I use an organic delivery company (a & c) they do a one pot recipe box which makes six'ish meals. We're not vegan or even veggie but I order and add meat to suit. Would a delivery work, if you have somewhere safe it can be left? I'm thinking on the lines of you not grabbing food where you can, which increases your food bill, but giving you good food to keep you going all day.

Just a thought. Good luck.
  • lamarsi
    lamarsi Posts: 805 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 12 March 2018 at 4:22PM
    Siebrie wrote: »
    Hi lamarsi,

Maybe you can limit yourself to 1 shift per week? So that you have time to prep your week, get your house in order, play with the pets, meet friends? Spring is coming, and it's a good time to be outside.
    This is so right and I!!!8217;ve done this this weekend, I was going to book a shift for today, but I!!!8217;m making my parents a lovely tea instead, and sod it I worked yesterday!
    Currently curled up watching tv with the cat for half hour!
    The food boxes are something I!!!8217;m going to have to look at, but I think I need to get back to just cooking and back to being plant based- I tend to surprise people when I tell them I!!!8217;m vegan as I!!!8217;m overweight. But crisps and (some)chippy chips still are vegan, I can eat just as much rubbish without needing animal products and I!!!8217;ve got the backside to prove it :(
    I did my fasting blood sugars this morning and they show I!!!8217;m pre-diabetic so now need to loose weight and not just because I want to look better. What!!!8217;s the point in paying my debt/ mortgage off early if I die early or worse have a stroke like my gran.
    I!!!8217;ve also decided on Friday to stop drinking at home, I!!!8217;m starting with the 30 day challenge then see how I get on. Lots of things need to change really.
    get rid of all the pounds by summer !!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    Was -£8900 NOW-£5000 PAID- £3900
    Get rid of the weight, pay the debt, then get myself a campavan! :T
  • lamarsi
    My weigh in today, I appear to be 3lbs down :)
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • lamarsi wrote: »
    My weigh in today, I appear to be 3lbs down :)

Well done! :j
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • lamarsi
    Thank you! Been counting the calories in the fruit cider I drink and I’ve been drinking the equivalent of a pizza some nights :0 so I’m having (vegan) hot chocolate and toast then getting an early night! Went to boots today for new foundation but came away with none. Need to use up the stuff I have first but it’s too pale so I look like I’ve been dug up :(
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I have dinner at 6 and go to bed at 10, because if I stay up later, I get a case of the munchies :(.
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • Hi :-)

Glad to hear you are doing ok. :j Totally understand about teh debt thing. You got this and you been through tough times :T

Well done for coming back - If you need any support you know where we are :D
    Sam x

:beer::j;)
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • lamarsi
    Hi :-)

Glad to hear you are doing ok. :j Totally understand about teh debt thing. You got this and you been through tough times :T

Well done for coming back - If you need any support you know where we are :D
    Sam x

:beer::j;)
    Thanks Sam x that’s lovely x
    I really feel I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now but I’ll never forget that feeling that it was all too much and I almost gave up. I’m in a good place now but need to start looking after myself physically now. It would be pointless working all the extra shifts - sometimes getting punched and sworn at by patients, pay the debts off then because I’ve neglected myself become unwell and it be for nothing.
    Did fasting blood sugars again this morning they’re 6.3 which is pre-diabetic still. Took the machine back to work otherwise I’m in danger of looking like a bloody collider from obsessively keep pricking myself.
    Im going to test myself again in a couple of weeks. Good thing about being a nurse is I can keep an eye on these things myself and not bother the doc.
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • lamarsi
    Siebrie wrote: »
    I have dinner at 6 and go to bed at 10, because if I stay up later, I get a case of the munchies :(.

Me too I’m like a grannie - but I do love sleep! Last night I went to watch Netflix in bed and fell to sleep at half eight- woke up at half ten thinking I’d overslept for work!:rotfl:
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • Then we start you a new mission - Looking after you :D

I will be back here to [STRIKE]check on you or else[/STRIKE] see how you doing :rotfl:

:A
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills