Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• SweetnSavvy
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    I have, not just for beef burgers but to bulk out the mince and make it go a tiny bit further. Sorry no recipe, my mother told me this tip years ago :D

My mum did this too and I've done it on occasion when I've needed too. You can't tell any difference. Again, I've no recipe, just throw a handful in :)
    SnS
  • vanilla_twist
    vanilla_twist Posts: 3,980 Forumite
    Options
    Question for those who have used Eurostar

How easy on a scale of 1-5 is it to change trains at Lille?
    I will be travelling alone with one case and have mobility issues.

Mum says I should pay more to get the train straight to Disney where I will be meeting my dd and family (they are flying but live near airport while I live near Eurostar station).
    The difference is £135 but I need to base my choice round ease and the fact it will be late October.
    If it is reported as easy I will go none direct.

TIA
    V x
    fairclaire wrote: »
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

May the odds be ever in your favour;)

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    They don't give you it until the morning. Plus, I'm in my holibobs so saving goes out of the window :D

In Feb. due to the cold we were in the pub/restaurant as it was freezing....... then we retired to our room with our duty free (they let us have it)....... ... we were hung over the next day, the bathroom/shower make a great impromptu sauna... I suggest red wine when in the sauna ......ps the wall are rather thin!
  • vanilla_twist
    vanilla_twist Posts: 3,980 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

Sorry I posted yesterday and had a massive tidy up and never got back on

Lady shopper glad you are some way to getting your garden sorted but it sounds like things still aren't right, I hope it will be what you had hoped for .

Qoc I am glad you are sorting your mum out and that she has you, so many people suffer because they have no one to fight their corner X

Thanks scamps I shall have a look :)

We made some tough desisions yesterday and after a year of being in our new house we have decided to put it up for sale....we have never really settled here and I have really tried , I spoke to a friend last night and she said she knew it was coming and said she knew I wasn't happy here cause I haven't put any of my pictures up on the wall :eek:

You have been through a hugely unsettling year:(

If it feels right to sell and you can find something you really love then go for it.

I have put one painting on wall so far but decided I don't want it on display for now so it is coming down and going in the loft.
    I have bought mirrors to go up but need to wait for a builder day so he can put them up for me.

I understand where you are coming from because I have settled very well despite the location being far noisier and more built up.

Here is wishing you every happiness in your next move.

V x
    fairclaire wrote: »
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

May the odds be ever in your favour;)

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    elliemoo wrote: »
    Good afternoon all.

The Olympics have been on here night and day since it started, we have heard great commentary, pretty mediocre commentary, random talk, random information and time filling but the team covering the marathon have not stopped complaining about the "organisation" since it started. I know it is a long run but if they have nothing positive to say why don't they just shut up. Sorry :(

Denise Lewis last night was being mean about one of our athletes too :(

But what REALLY annoys me is how often the presenters use the word "obviously" it's in every bloody sentence :mad: it might be obvious to them as presenters but not to the lay person watching it on TV.

Sorry! That word has been gradually creeping in more and more where it doesn't need to be used. Drives me nuts :mad:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 August 2016 at 6:14PM
    Options
    I've had to move the 'post 12' list to post 13 as the main list is expanding. I've got no further posts to use now:eek::rotfl:! Meanwhile, I am going to have to move the Bird's Rum Sauce (and on that basis the Brandy Sauce too) back to the main list as, clearly, I am moving other people's store's items away from the main list and consigning them to darkness when they are blatantly and obviously on the shelves (significant stock) in one of the stores I've now seen. There are lots of Rum Sauce on the shelves in M (in the right store(s) that is!) and surely the Brandy Sauce will still be elsewhere (I have a SEL even though I've now found stock recently). I moved them to the 'lost' list as I couldn't really imagine them being around - but, there the Rum Sauce cartons are, months later!

They were from before Christmas and are therefore Christmas legacy items - what is it now, nearly eight months later?!? They'll probably still be there in another three and a half months' time:rotfl: - and probably watch them zoom up from 17p to more than fivefold in price! They just never seem to clear totally.

My next items that I was going to move - to the lost list - on the next wave were going to be the Disney cups and plates etc. Again, I could not imagine them being around now. However, I have a store that has lots of stock of many of them (possibly even all of them!) on the shelves and I assume they are still 50p (could have gone even lower?). I was also going to move, in job lot, the Nature's Feast bird feeder items at 50p to the lost list. However, I have now found reference to one them still in M and, on the basis of that, the other ones are probably in other stores too. So, I'm moving none of them to that list now:rotfl:.

I've mentioned it is consigning items to the "darkness" of the list. However, :idea:that lost list may in fact be the lightness of the list. A bright shining light of items that you should look for if you are in M. Many of the items are items that went onto RTC. They could - or even will! - be around even now - items only get onto the "lost" list after months of my own failing to find them again (obviously I am hopeless :rotfl:) - but, this late on, it's possible some have gone down to even lower prices than they were before. So the list (now post 13:rotfl:) could well be a lucky place to start as they may help to find a really cheap item in your store!

Or be out of luck like me and find the Cherries sweets have now more than doubled in price:rotfl:.
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    Neither have I...... I wonder if they have some intelligence.

Be safe.

Most plod don't :D
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Most plod don't :D

Naw, think that is just what thick criminals want us to believe ;)
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gold-medal-games-keyworth-leisure-centre-wk1-2016-wed-27th-jul-1763-p.jpg
    :T:T:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • josie_ann57
    josie_ann57 Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    we have the clay pigeon shooters in the next field so the brain is scrambled - I can't think who I was talking to before, I think it was Josie who has a Times subscription with free family National Trust membership

my Sunday Times today had an advert which said get a Times subscription and get complimentary National Trust membership but it seems to be individual membership :( or just £30 gift card if you are current NT members - they gave a free phone number

I then had a look online and there it says complimentary NT membership but under the various types of subscription it just says £20 NT voucher which won't even buy a student membership

nowhere can I find exact terms and conditions and live chat were hopeless - seem to be working to a script with no ability to answer any questions

the online offers finish today but I won't be subscribing until September so I will wait for the next set of offers

or maybe could I go through TCB ....

Mhoc, I think it is for couple membership and you get the voucher for £20 to spend in NT shop. NT were really good when I contacted them and asked if I could pay the difference to upgrade to family membership, bthey upgraded me for free.
    Even if you are already a Times subscriber, you should ring up and ask to cancel and rejoin straight away to get the deal, they did it there and then for us. Good luck:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure