Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Comments

• Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Hi all

Love the kitties MrsP, very sweet, and they coordinate with your black and white throw! :D

Flateric - I tried combining MFP with SW for a while but weighing everything is a faff. I found I was running out of calories before I added any Syns which made me think I must eat too much.
    shala_moo wrote: »
    The butternut squash Macaroni cheese was a right faff last night, it tasted ok but too much effort for a bit of pasta! Won't be making it again.

we have the 'bowl' bits left of the bns that I roasted last night so making the taco 'jackets' out of one of the old magazines tonight to spice up a cold, wet, miserable day.

Ooh, thanks for that reminder, I have the bottom half of a bns in the fridge and not sure what to do with it, but that's decided me, and I can make that day EESP too.

DH and I are out at friends this afternoon, they're doing lunch and it's going to be lasagne with salad, so not very SW friendly. It's been ages since I've had proper lasagne so I'm going to have a flexible syn day and enjoy it.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    maman wrote: »

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage, HEA milk
    L: either ham with veg or JP not decided yet
    D: HB steaks, roast potatoes and carrots, swede & carrot mash, red cabbage, cauli and broccoli
    Syns: squirt of syrup and weekend wine.:)

What's HB steaks? (probably obvious but brain gone back to bed!)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    HB is Hairy Bikers. It's really good, although not really enough speed in it so I always add mushrooms and serve with extra veg on the side. They suggest serving with chips but I usually do it with either roast potatoes or mash.

Denise
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    joedenise wrote: »
    HB is Hairy Bikers. It's really good, although not really enough speed in it so I always add mushrooms and serve with extra veg on the side. They suggest serving with chips but I usually do it with either roast potatoes or mash.

Denise
    Oh I see. Sounds yummy
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Good Afternoon :wave:

STS this week
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 October 2016 at 5:46PM
    shala_moo wrote: »
    The butternut squash Macaroni cheese was a right faff last night, it tasted ok but too much effort for a bit of pasta! Won't be making it again.

I googled the recipe and decided the effort would only be worth it if you said it was amazing.

Thank you for all the input yesterday. I hope I have got my menu more sorted today. Any feedback welcome as I am still not feeling I have got to grips with the new programme.

B. Overnight oats (HEB) with berries from the recipe on the SW website. I tried this as it does not use up my HEA and meant I could split it and have milk and a tiny portion of cheese to grate on my omelette.

L. An onion, tomato, mushroom and cheese omelette with a huge portion of salad. I used three eggs which was actually too many. Will cut back to two next time. I also threw in three small new poatoes which were leftovers in the fridge.

D. One Quorn sausage, big portion of cabbage and sprouts, boiled potatoes and gravy. A pear.

Syns - olive oil 3, Quorn sausage 1, Gravy 1 1/2 - total 5 1/2

s. An apple
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £80/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £103/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • BettyBoof
    BettyBoof Posts: 258 Forumite
    Thanks Lois. I haven't carried on being as good as I was the week I did the SAS log in terms of writing things down though I was sticking to syn amounts etc. I say "was" because I rebelled against the STS and have had a bad weekend foodwise. Ridiculous as I know I'm only rebelling against myself!

Whoops! Yes, I meant to type 18lbs down to 10lbs - thanks Shala for updating the chart.

The week ahead is filled with potholes in terms of staying on plan - a trip away, dinner at a friend's place etc. so I'm not feeling confident of a loss which is making me feel like not bothering at all. Again, stupid I know! :huh:

I'm 2 stone off target so still have a fair way to go. I think if I could just deal with the 5 lbs I've been losing and gaining over the past few weeks and go down into that next stone category I'd feel motivated again. I probably need to start writing everything down again and having some speed days. I'm surprised (and disappointed) to find myself in this place, I started so well and was really feeling SW was working for me.Not sure why I sabotaged myself...

Sorry for the ramble!
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Prudent that looks a good day's menu but you really should try and use your syns otherwise when you start of plateau you won't have anything to cut back on. Since I started SW I've had my full syns and have now been at target or thereabouts for 6 years now.

Betty I think we all sabotage ourselves at times. Draw the line and start again as if it's Week 1. I know that's going to be difficult for you this week but my consultant always says "be good when you can and careful when you can't" whenever anyone says they've got various plans for the coming week. It's a good mantra to think of.

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Feeling really fat tonight.:(

Not surprising as Sunday is always a high syn day for me. Everything seems to have come together. DH chose porage for breakfast and he doesn't measure. Sky decreed my team would be on TV so that necessitated half a Crunchie and then there's mandatory weekend wine.

At the moment I can't see how I'm going to get back in range by Thursday. But back on plan 100% tomorrow and I'll give it my best shot:).
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello, squishylove1989, of course you can join us – we love meeting new folks!

Yep, maman, happy with yesterday’s result and with how we played. You do realise that Southampton won thanks to me, don’t you? ;) I was listening on the radio while I was sewing, until half time when I came down to watch the second half. I just sat down when the first goal went in! So there, it’s all down to me!:D

Betty, I’m on the pothole road with you this week. My daughter and I are off to Rome from Thursday until Sunday, to celebrate her 40th (how on earth did that happen) birthday, which was yesterday. She’s in Munich just now enjoying lovely weather, so I hope it comes with us too. BTW, maman, the great god of TV football is omnipotent there too – we had planned to go to Roma’s match (2pm ko) but it’s been moved to 7.45pm and our flight home is after 8pm, so no can do now.:mad:

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs & hexb soldiers
    Lunch: baked potato with hexa cheese and salad, ML Greek style lemon yogurt
    Snack: choc ginger biscuit (4)
    Dinner: 2 LMcC roro sausages, beans and mushroom, fruit salad (mango, kiwi, persimmon, apple, raspberries, strawberries, grapes and clementine) with ff Greek yogurt
    Snacks: choc ginger biscuit (4)

Syns used: 8 Syns saved: 7 Syns carried forward: 11½ Syns balance: 18½
    If I haven’t lost something tomorrow, I’ll be pure dead scunnered!
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport