Unoffical Existing Customer Balance Transfers

Options

Comments

• fusar
    fusar Posts: 151 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

Has anyone had any luck with gaining better deals from either Abbey or M&S credit cards. I tried Abbey last night adn the girl refused. I have come to the end of my 0% interest period and want to avoid large interest charges. I would look elsewhere, but I have just recently applied for a cashback card and don't want a refusal on my credit rating if I apply for too many cards at once.

Any advice would be great!
    Many thanks
    Fusar
  • smiggers
    smiggers Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    M & S offered 5.9% for 6 months which I was happy to take.

Mint are currently offering 0% for 6 months with a 2.9% fee (which I make about 6%).
  • onesocklizzie
    Options
    Pudding 06 - I phoned Barclaycard yesterday to cancel because I never use the card, and my interest rate has remained at 27% since I was 18!!!!!! They cut the interest to 17%(still rubbish..) straight away, saying they will review it next month and lower it further, then gave me 0% balance transfer til nov 07....not too shabby eh...
  • Phoenix79_2
    Phoenix79_2 Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Options
    Had some credit card cheques from MBNA this week. 0% until November
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Got 2nd 6 months at 0% from M&S &more with no fee - during initial 6 months - think this is within the T&C's ie they offer 0% BTs for 6 months any time during first 6 months.
  • peskie_pixie
    Options
    Spoke to Tesco Finance today to activate new card, and are offering 6.9% for the life of any balance transfer and no fee to pay.

Nice Lady said it's well worth giving them a ring anytime as have lots of offers which aren't publicised
    "A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist." Franklin Jones
  • mella_3
    Options
    Hi

Has anyone had any luck with Virgin Mastercard or Barclaycard recently getting them to renew a 0% deal?

I cleared the balance on the Virgin card last may and it is currently clear although I have used it since.

The 0% on the Barclaycard has just ended and is clear.
  • M_Thomson
    M_Thomson Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    mella wrote:
    Hi

Has anyone had any luck with Virgin Mastercard or Barclaycard recently getting them to renew a 0% deal?

I cleared the balance on the Virgin card last may and it is currently clear although I have used it since.

The 0% on the Barclaycard has just ended and is clear.

You'll get a better rate with Virgin which is part of MBNA then with Barclaycard. It may not be 0% though. Perhaps 0.9% or 1.9%.

Call them and ask.
  • mattbass
    mattbass Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there a customer rentions number for virgin?
  • mella_3
    Options
    Rates Team for Virgin - 0800 783 1116 (they have a similar role to Retentions, I presume?)

They were able to offer me a better deal than the standard - 2.9% til August rather than 6.9 to September. Not as low as a hoped but much better than the rate of the overdraft...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure