Prom Help Please - Near Halifax, West Yorkshire

SallyUK
SallyUK Posts: 2,344 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hello Folks

My daughter has been looking around for a prom dress for her prom which is in June.

A lot of the places where she's been have dresses which are mainly size 6, 8, 10s and she's a 12/14. She has seen some she's liked on Ebay, but doesn't want to risk ordering from China and that's where she's seen ones that she likes. We've been round various places, but still nothing.

Has anyone got any good recommendatioons for where she can take a look. So far we've been in Cleckheaton, Halifax, Huddersfield, Ebay.

Also, I've contacted a few companies enquiring about hiring a fire engine for transport to the prom, but they've never got back to me.

Has anyone got any connections or good ideas for transport with a difference?

Thanks

Sal
xx

Comments

• Mrs_Arcanum
    Mrs_Arcanum Posts: 23,976 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    SallyUK wrote: »
    Hello Folks

My daughter has been looking around for a prom dress for her prom which is in June.

A lot of the places where she's been have dresses which are mainly size 6, 8, 10s and she's a 12/14. She has seen some she's liked on Ebay, but doesn't want to risk ordering from China and that's where she's seen ones that she likes. We've been round various places, but still nothing.

Has anyone got any good recommendatioons for where she can take a look. So far we've been in Cleckheaton, Halifax, Huddersfield, Ebay.

Also, I've contacted a few companies enquiring about hiring a fire engine for transport to the prom, but they've never got back to me.

Has anyone got any connections or good ideas for transport with a difference?

Thanks

Sal
    xx

Is the competition for the wackiest form of transport? If so how about a ride on mower (just thought of this for DD).

Also as for dresses BHS could be worth a look (got DD one from here in the sale but she is XS). boohoo website has very reasonably priced dresses.
    Truth always poses doubts & questions. Only lies are 100% believable, because they don't need to justify reality. - Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Labyrinth of the Spirits
  • kingfisherblue
    kingfisherblue Posts: 9,203 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    My daughter's prom dress came from TKMaxx and only cost £20. They only had one in the shop, so that reduced he risk of another girl getting the same dress (no one did).

She later had it shortened so she could still wear it - that cost another £10. It's a lovely dress and is a size 14.
  • I would look at private sellers on Ebay and also try Gumtree for your area or nearby as there are loads of former prom attendees selling their dresses at the mo for a fraction of original price in many cases. Good luck.
  • jemb
    jemb Posts: 910 Forumite
    There is the new dress shop in Shelf?
    Married the lovely Mr P 28th April 2012. Little P born 29th Jan 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business