OnePoll

Comments

• jacflash wrote: »
    Onepoll posted on Facebook yesterday and today that they were having some technical problems and aksing people to bear with them while they get it sorted. I've also been having the "This survey is now full" screen with the survey staying available, and the going back to the start of a survey after being a good way through it. I assume these are the glitches they are working on.

I joined in April of this year and so far have earned £120 from Onepoll. It certainly takes patience and perseverance, and there is no doubt we earn every penny of it. Never had any problems being paid by them, and in fairness I'd say they are among the better survey sites.

This does not explain why the surveys stop when you get near payout tho, I am at 39.80 and have been for days now. Three surveys today and screened out of two other was for prize draw, which I did and got through to end.
  • mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sometimes I'm screened out of the surveys because they obviously need a different target group. I can be screened out of a number of surveys in the same week or two. If they want people with children for instance, and I don't have any children I'll get screened out of one survey after another. The amount I've earned so far doesn't make any difference. Another week I might earn a few pounds with Onepoll. I can't think that anyone would spend a lot of time and money writing software that would exclude people from reaching the payment threshold in a high profile company like Onepoll.. It just so happens that you're near the threshold but they want a different target group for their current run of surveys.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
  • No sorry thats not it, read the facebook page.
  • Ok so now in to 4th week of trying to get from 39 to 40 pounds, very fed up with one poll now. How unfair for them to stop surveys just before you get to payout
    Before I had several surveys every day but since getting near to 40 pounds they have almost stopped all Im gettnig are competion surveys or the odd one which I get screened out of.
    Im thinking of contacting trading standards about this as tey are in effect holding my money.
  • bjorky
    bjorky Posts: 52 Forumite
    Something certainly sets in once you hit £39, i got to £39.95 then complained and i was getting blocked off from next 44 surveys were none before, i finally got over the £40 limit and i couldnt believe there was 6 surveys that took me upto £1.20 on the 1st day, amazed, did complain to onepoll, told i have to wait 28 days to be paid, i have collected £120 so far so not bad
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I've been on onepoll 2 years and only managed £23
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • I must admit, it sure does feel like surveys reduce when you near the payout threshold, but if you persevere you eventually get past it. I remember when I neared £40 last time, it did take about 5 days of constantly checking to get the remaining £1.

I've been with them for a few years now, and I've cashed out about 5 times. I'm fortunate enough to always be at a computer, so I can get a lot of surveys before they're filled. It's not easy though, and requires dedication to get those 10p surveys. :/:)

Actually, when I next cash out I should probably stop using them, because the amount of time I put in to make £40, I might as just look on the floor for pennies. It'd take about the same time.
  • It's happened to me too. There have been loads of surveys on the run-up to Christmas, but as soon as I got to £39.15, they stopped and I've had none for 6 days. I emailed them to point this out, but received no reply. Big thumbs down.
  • miamoo
    miamoo Posts: 1,694 Forumite
    I've been on £39.70p for the last week! I noticed the surveys slowing down once I got to £39, and I havent had a single survey this week except for a prize draw one. My OH also has an account and he's been picking up between 2 and 5 everyday (same as I was before I was close to payout) There is definately something dodgy going on.
    £100 - £10,000
  • jaygray
    jaygray Posts: 560 Forumite
    I realise this might not be the right place to post this entry, but - on the subject of 'dubious practices'...

I finally got to the £40 payout and requested payment on 14th November. In the past, I have always received the £40 within just a few days. I'm now at 25 days after my request, and am a bit concerned. Has anyone else noticed them being very slow to pay at the moment?

Thanks. :santa2:
    :A A million thanks to everyone who posts :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family