PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2014 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    thankyou for setting up the thread...im in for may as i have given up on april...yet to set a budget but have a fair amount in so will be smallish
    happy easter
    tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • Ches
    Ches Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Zippy.
    Mortgage and Debt free but need to increase savings pot. :think:
  • Crowdpleaser
    Crowdpleaser Posts: 1,277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cheers zippy. Am still in April but will sign up with 250 for may now xxx
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you for the new thread :)

Lots of bits in- no room in the freezer at all currently!, but still getting in to a routine with regards to making a decent evening meal with baby in tow so some convenience options will feature.

Bf is away for a big chunk of the month and I already have a stash of about 20 meals in the freezer so I should just need to heat through and cook an accompaniment (potato/garlic bread/rice etc) which should help me a lot!

We will be away for 3.5 days together at a tournament and then whilst bf is in America I'll stay at my parents with baby for 3 days or so (but for those days I'll chip in a little at theirs by way of a treat or similar:) )

Sticking with an £80 budget for May as it's a four week month and I will take snacks/treats away to the tournament and probably buy a couple of treats whilst bf is away/I visit the parents :)

Off to finish thinking how much I should budget for baby supplies each month as I never decided the other day and also to start trying to plan a rough routine!
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Sequeena
    Sequeena Posts: 4,728 Forumite
    Options
    Please put me down for £55 per week :)
    Wife and mother :j
    Grocery budget
    April week 1 - £42.78 | week 2 - £53.05
    24lbs in 12 weeks 15/24
  • barneydee_2
    barneydee_2 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    Got to get into doing this spend far to much money on shopping and as need to free up some cash for decorating . Can you put me down for £200.00 this is to include food, pet food,toiletries & cleaning stuff.
    Have a freezer full of food, full larder & fridge starting on the 1st to 31st
    Thanks
    Barneydee
    July grocery challenge £250.00/£408.93
    August grocery challenge£350.00
    2/8£28.46
  • WantAnOrange
    Options
    Hello, have completely fallen off the wagon recently so getting back into it, going to eat out the freezer/cupboard for the next week or so then giving us £300 for the month of May which needs to include anniversary meal on the 31st, EEEK!
  • Ellie_BB
    Ellie_BB Posts: 76 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My month starts tomorrow and finally signing up for the challenge rather than just lurking and hoping! Am determined to stick to a budget this month or things are going to get sticky :o

Please can you put me down for £250, thanks. My month runs to the 20th and the budget needs to cover all food, drinks, cleaning and toiletry stuff as well as lots of animal food. :eek:
  • dogmom_3
    dogmom_3 Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread Zippy - I am finding it so useful to make myself focus.

I have decided to increase my weekly budget a little as Mr Dogmom and I are now aiming for 7 veggies/fruits a day instead of 5. So please put me down for £220 for the month.
    February GC 173/200
    March GC £193.60/190
    April 221/£250
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    Can I be put down for £260 please? Higher than last month as I just couldn't get it that low.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income